Running Rich?

Ronald Wendt

Ok my now almost 2 year saga of having an engine rebuilt and then installed in my 91 along with lots and lots of parts is about finished and I got it on the road this past Tueday.

Starts right up but runs like crap, won't idle very long and seems to load up and buck once on the road for awhile. Smells sort of like its rich, seems to have gone through a fair amount of gas in just a few miles. We looked and looked and think everything is hooked up, but that probably means I missed something.

Compounding this may be that there is almost 2 year old gas in it. I think I added some gas storage additive back when but I can't be sure. Almost down to 1/2 tank so I was going to fill it with fresh here soon

I put in 42 lb injectors but also put the proper C & L sampling tube for them I am sure. think. Has a stage 1 cam, ported the 94 blower, put a 76mm throtle body on it, had a 76m C & L already and 76mm cold air return. Bored 30 over, gapless top rings, new plugs new cam and cank sensors, new lots of stuff

Anything obvious I should check?

thanks

Make sure the firing order is correct. Let's not forget that old fuel isn't helping either. I like the idea of going to back to the stock injectors and maf for testing. It's a good means for process of elimination.

Put some good gas in it, but most likely you'll need some tuning done. Your close to me so if you are able to get whats needed for tuning I could help you with it.

injectors

i think the same way here that will be your best bet cause the last thing you want is wash down the pistons all the way to the bearings....;)

sold the old injectors so can't try a swap

with the heat here last Wed and Thurs it really ran crappy

i do have a chip I intend to send to Dave to reburn, sounds like this needs to happen sooner than later

Ron

Back