ST springs with Bilsteins...any recommendations?

MarineMustanger

I am looking at either the ST springs or H&R Springs, with Bilstein shocks. Does anyone have this, or a similar setup, and can make recommendations? I am running 255/50ZR16 on stock rims as well.

Springs/Bilsteins

I'm currently running H&R's and Bilsteins. It's a real nice set-up, I have no complaints. I'm also running 18" Cobra R replicas w/Nitto Extremes 255 45 18". No rubbing at all. Do you plan to upgrade the whole suspension package...bushings, sway bars, sub frames connectors as well?

I'm replacing the bushings and ball joints up front. I will probably upgrade sway bars eventually.
Does somebody make subframe connectors for the TBird?

I'm in need of new shocks and I am considering the Bilsteins as well. I just got a quote from Shox.com for $339 for the Bilsteins and $504 for the Konis.

I'm still considering the stock Ford replacements also. After all, they have lasted 129,000 miles and are just now getting too loose for my liking in regular mode. It is kind of hard to argue with shocks that last that long. I think you don't realize how bad your shocks are and then no matter what you put on there to replace them makes you say "Wow, what an improvement I love these new shocks". My experience with any other OEM shock is that they last about 20,000 miles and they are toast. The stock SC shock from Tokico is pretty hard to beat.

Bob

Sub-Frame Connectors

I believe Kenny Brown makes sub-frame connectors as well as Johnny Langdon. There's a shop close to where I live that my mechanic swears by, I'll probably check him out soon. Shox.com is 10 minutes away from where I live. I picked my H&R's up the same day I ordered them.

I agree with Robert Kohlman, most people think the stock shocks aren't that good. They don't realize that they are just worn out. When you drive a car everyday the car changes slowly and you don't notice the change. Then a friend or somebody drives your car or you drive another SC and you find out just how bad things have gotten.

Back