Solid rear Tokico shocks

scskydivin

SCCoA Member
My rear Tokico Illumina shocks are locked solid. Both of em. The firm ride light is not working now(burnt?) It (firm ride light) was on solid for two months weather the firm ride switch was on or off. The rears are not leaking anything. The front ones are working fine. I bought these used off of a member here. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the ARC system itself. I've got a 94 auto sc.

My rear Tokico Illumina shocks are locked solid. Both of em. The firm ride light is not working now(burnt?) It (firm ride light) was on solid for two months weather the firm ride switch was on or off. The rears are not leaking anything. The front ones are working fine. I bought these used off of a member here. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the ARC system itself. I've got a 94 auto sc.
A working ARC doesn't matter. You might try removing the actuator and shifting the inner pin by 45 degrees in any direction, but I doubt it will make a difference. Sounds like they're worn or plain broken.

I had that happen to a shock absorber once. It was an old mustang and the left front froze while extended. It just seized up. I can't imagine that happening to two at the same time. That is strange.

Take them out and see if you can turn them, or if they are locked up. Can you bounce the rear of the car or no?

SWS

Take them out and see if you can turn them, or if they are locked up. Can you bounce the rear of the car or no?

SWS

I can't bounce the rear of the car. I'll unhook the ARC actuators & turn/clean the connectors.

Have you been off-roading your SC again? Sounds to me like they may be bent

No Driver, I haven't been off-roading the bird! HA! Besides, that was good for the ole Turbo Coupe. Not my beloved SC....
(I do wonder where that 86 Turbo Coupe went)

Back