PDA

View Full Version : We need to liven this place up.

Matt SC ESC
05-09-2012, 02:00 AM
I check this forum every day and see tons of new views, but never any posts. Let's get conversations going like the good ol' days.

Does anyone know where Lee went? How about Al? Ron? I see Jose and Anthony on here occasionally,

When my SC went to the crusher, I remember Ron was having some health issues.

I've had my fair share of health issues. Lost my colon, rectum, appendix and gall bladder in August due to Ulcerative Colitis, which led to a disgusting case of colon cancer, so they scooped out all my insides.

Here's a picture of me taking a nap.
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae353/mattscesc/IMG_2769.jpg

Here's a picture of me waking up from my nap.
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae353/mattscesc/IMG_2770.jpg

Don't click this link if you've got a weak stomach. It contains blood. It's what I woke up to the day after the surgery. I had a temporary ileostomy on my right side, main incision under my belly button down to my schwoogie, left side is a Jackson Pratt drain, and the one on the bottom of the picture (above my belly button) is a hole. Not sure what they used it for, maybe they just felt like cutting an extra one in there for good luck. I dunno. They were playing battle ship, I guess. They sunk my destroyer. The procedure I had done was called "Restorative proctocolectomy" if you want to google it and learn about it.

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae353/mattscesc/photo-147.jpg

Finally, this is a picture of my catheter that I had for 4 days.

Kidding...

HappyChappy
05-09-2012, 11:32 AM
ummmmmmmmm i'm not clicking any of those links!!!

SuperCoupe007
05-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Hey Matt,

Yeah, I check the So-Cal Chapter almost every other day. Yeah the good old days were fun when we had the North VS. South, and the track meets at San Diego, Pomona, and other :)

"Does anyone know where Lee went? How about Al? Ron? I see Jose and Anthony on here occasionally,"

Al: A long time ago I think he sold his SC and bought a Dodge Ram truck. went MIA
Ron: Was MIA, then I saw him post a couple of months ago, but now he is MIA again LOL
Lee: I dunno he is MIA.

Sorry to hear that you have had your share of health issues, but glad that you are doing better.

Well I am sure you have seen my other posts about my SC. She is still down, as I took her apart to replace the injectors. I put 42's (I don't even know why) and I got 9 MPG :o So needless to say I took her apart to re-install the 30's and that is as far as I got. I willl take some pics and post them this week.

Ironworker said he was working on a Twin Turbo SC, but not sure if its up and running or not.

I don't see too many SC's on the street these day, not even in the junk yard. Last time I went to two yards, I only found one SC and it was all gutted and torn.

Well maybe we should try to set a track day or just a meet and greet day. What do you guys think?

90coug
05-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Crazy photos, hope your're doing better.

Matt SC ESC
05-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I'm doing a lot better now. Thanks.

Jose, I remember when Al bought his dodge. I believe it was one of the first years the Hemi's came out.

If by "track day" you mean a track with lots of turns, I'm in. I have an Audi that I like to have fun with now. It's getting too hot now, but my cousin and I were going to take our audi's up to El Mirage and hit the dry lake bed for some AWD fun.

The north vs south thing was fun. Jim Demmit had a fast car, and John wasn't too far behind. I miss the good ol' days. ~~~~ talking all day, every day.

renello79
05-16-2012, 06:01 PM
I check here every day as well, but I'm not from the good ol' day's and I see sc's here and there on the road in the Chicago area.

SuperCoupe007
05-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I'm doing a lot better now. Thanks.

Jose, I remember when Al bought his dodge. I believe it was one of the first years the Hemi's came out.

If by "track day" you mean a track with lots of turns, I'm in. I have an Audi that I like to have fun with now. It's getting too hot now, but my cousin and I were going to take our audi's up to El Mirage and hit the dry lake bed for some AWD fun.

The north vs south thing was fun. Jim Demmit had a fast car, and John wasn't too far behind. I miss the good ol' days. ~~~~ talking all day, every day.

Well I am very sure my SC woudn't do good at all in one of those tracks with many turns. But i can call shot gun!!! :D

What kind of Audi do you have? AWD is always fun. I read a post here (SCCOA Non-Tech or Track) and there is a guy who has one of the new Taurus SHO and owned a 6.2L GTO. Those SHO are AWD too so I can only imagine how much fun it has to be to be able to spin all 4 wheels at the same time :p

I think the SHO only has 365HP :p

Post some pics of your Audi

SuperCoupe007
05-16-2012, 06:31 PM
I check here every day as well, but I'm not from the good ol' day's and I see sc's here and there on the road in the Chicago area.

I think the good ol' day's start the first time u start posting :)
Yeah here in the Los Angeles area I hardly see any Super Coupes. The last time I saw one was about a week ago. It was a 89-91 Silver exterior, and it was going in the opposite direction from me.

BTW thanks for checking the so-cal chapter. Stay tuned as we hope to have some sort of meet. Even if it has to be photo chopped :D

Coast to Coast SC
05-16-2012, 09:00 PM
We are still out here in the middle of no where having a great time. The SC is long gone but its replacement makes me smile everytime I start it. I would be up for a trackday (curvy or drag) anytime as long as it isn't too hot. The only thing between my feet and the headers is some .040 aluminum. HOT is quite an understatement. Presently I am playing with a little beater with the hopes of getting into the 24 Hours of Lemons in December. Wish us luck. I heard from Lee a few weeks back and hope to be able to go hang out with him for a day in the near future. He sounded great! Matt---we live 15 miles apart...next time you are out this way, drop me a line would ya?
Anthony

SuperCoupe007
05-17-2012, 11:35 AM
We are still out here in the middle of no where having a great time. The SC is long gone but its replacement makes me smile everytime I start it. I would be up for a trackday (curvy or drag) anytime as long as it isn't too hot. The only thing between my feet and the headers is some .040 aluminum. HOT is quite an understatement. Presently I am playing with a little beater with the hopes of getting into the 24 Hours of Lemons in December. Wish us luck. I heard from Lee a few weeks back and hope to be able to go hang out with him for a day in the near future. He sounded great! Matt---we live 15 miles apart...next time you are out this way, drop me a line would ya?
Anthony

Hey Anthony,

Glad to see that you still visit the so-cal group. I am sure you would give Matt's Audi a run for its money LOL Well if you guys want to set-up a track day I would be up for it. I might not run but I guess I could be a support vehicle.

35thauto
05-18-2012, 02:06 PM
I am in the shadows of California City by Mojave. Some LX's here no SC's.

SuperCoupe007
05-18-2012, 02:38 PM
I am in the shadows of California City by Mojave. Some LX's here no SC's.

It's still a T-Bird :D Sounds like you and 'ironworker' are pretty close. I am in the Long Beach area, so that is like a 2:30 hour drive from there.

In either case welcome!

Matt SC ESC
05-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Matt---we live 15 miles apart...next time you are out this way, drop me a line would ya?
Anthony

I know, 15 miles...

My audi is just an essentially stock 2001 a4 2.8 quattro. All that's done is a big brake kit, chipped, and tuned. I'm waiting for the right deal to come up on a PES g2 supercharger kit. I already have the ECU and Chip, just need the blower.

Are there any good twisty tracks around here? The only fun I've had lately was on the Ortega highway. Ate up a good set of front tires in about 80 miles... :D

SuperCoupe007
05-18-2012, 06:57 PM
My audi is just an essentially stock 2001 a4 2.8 quattro. All that's done is a big brake kit, chipped, and tuned. I'm waiting for the right deal to come up on a PES g2 supercharger kit. I already have the ECU and Chip, just need the blower.

Are there any good twisty tracks around here? The only fun I've had lately was on the Ortega highway. Ate up a good set of front tires in about 80 miles... :D

I don't know if any twisy tracks around here.
You must have been pulling some good G's to only get 80 miles out of your front wheels :D

What kind of numbers is it putting out? and with a PES G2 supercharger?

Matt SC ESC
05-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Oh, it's less than 200 stock, with what I've done, maybe 215-220? With adding the G2, they claim 290ish at about 8lbs of boost. I plan on pushing it well past 12lbs, so I'm hoping with exhaust mods and some dyno time, I'll be close to 350. It's not a ton of power, but in that little AWD car, it's FUN power.

Coast to Coast SC
05-20-2012, 01:06 AM
No tracks right here but 74 from Hemet to Palm Desert is a good time as is R3 (Sage rd). Matt, take Benton East to Sage rd then left or right is good for Sage rd. The nearest tracks are Willow (The Big Track or the smaller Streets course) in Rosamond, the Roval at Autoclub speedway in Fontana and Chuckwalla in Desert Center on Rice rd just North of the 10. I have run the short track at Willow and it is a ton of fun. The Roval is a no joking high speed test of testicular fortitude. Chuckwalla is great shorter track as well but not for the faint of heart in the warm season.
Audi, eh? We've got one of those. Not nearly as pretty as yours and no where near as fast. Ours is a 1968 60L that is unfortunately garaged 6000 miles away. I only get to play with it every other year or so. It needs work but is a cool piece of engineering.
Anthony

Matt SC ESC
05-24-2012, 01:32 AM
I've done the sage rd drive quite a few times, but not in the Audi. It'll be added to the list. :D

I would love to race willow springs. It's a legendary track that is definitely on my bucket list!

SuperCoupe007
05-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Since my bird is all stock, that means willow springs is out of my league at the moment :p

I kind of remember Anthony running his car (not the red factory beast streak) at a track with an inboard cam. Was that Willow Springs Anthony?

Well in eithe case, I am sure it would be lots of fun if you can record the runs. :cool:

Matt SC ESC
05-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Since my bird is all stock, that means willow springs is out of my league at the moment :p

I kind of remember Anthony running his car (not the red factory beast streak) at a track with an inboard cam. Was that Willow Springs Anthony?

Well in eithe case, I am sure it would be lots of fun if you can record the runs. :cool:

nahhhhh you're good. I've never seen willow springs, except for on the video games... lol.

Anthony's red car was a bastard... we never could understand why he was running the times he was. I think he had motor mods that he refused to tell any of us about.

ironworker
05-25-2012, 11:37 PM
He got lucky and got one of those portotyp motors. I had one that was the fastest SC I drive. I put a but load of money in my other SC and they never would catch my first SC

SuperCoupe007
05-27-2012, 03:21 AM
nahhhhh you're good. I've never seen willow springs, except for on the video games... lol.

Anthony's red car was a bastard... we never could understand why he was running the times he was. I think he had motor mods that he refused to tell any of us about.

I agree, Anthony's red SC was on steroids, or he had some mods and never let anyone know his secrets. :p

I wonder what ever happened to his red beast, after he sold it.