PDA

View Full Version : interior lighting problem

Lycaon1349
05-09-2012, 04:25 PM
i believe this is caused by my door jamb switch but i need more opinion. a while back when i would open the doors to have the entry lighting come on it would flicker intermittently, playing around with the door jamb switches would trigger it or stop it depending on how i moved the switch. now none of my interior lighting works, from the doors, underdash, glovebox, rear view mirror map lights, and c-pillar lighting. all my dash lighitng works, but nothing comes on when i open the doors or manually turn them on by twisting the headlight switch. as far as it looks to me the interior lights and dash are all on the same fuse and my fuses look fine. would a bad door jamb switch kill the circuit like this and also knock out manual control of the circuit??? HELP!:eek:

the-big-e
05-09-2012, 05:12 PM
What year SC do you have....

Do your mirrors work....

Do the lights on your sun visor work....

Lycaon1349
05-10-2012, 08:25 AM
its an 89, mirrors only worked in certain directions and not their opposite from the beginning when i bought the car, havent checked them recently though since the lights went out to see if theyre dead. ill have to check to be sure but i dont believe the visor lights are working either

the-big-e
05-10-2012, 02:58 PM
There is a splice in the wire harness that runs along the drivers side rocker panel...

It's three green/yellow wires going to three green/yellow wires.....:confused:

The splice gets corroded and breaks.....

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71903&highlight=bad+splice

Lycaon1349
05-11-2012, 11:47 AM
my account wont let me access that thread :-/. is it under the stepguard on the interior of the vehicle?

DrFishbone
05-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Underneath the carpet about where your left knee would be when sitting in the driver's seat.

Lycaon1349
05-11-2012, 12:25 PM
thanks, please check my new thread "tire/wheel fitment" helphelphelp! thanks guys

Lycaon1349
07-19-2012, 09:41 AM
FIGURED IT OUT! i pulled my underdash panel and guard to search around for an explaination as to why my vent selection is stuck defaulted on defrost, and in doing so found a total fustercluck of hackjob wiring from an old aftermarket security system under the panels, one of the leads had a male blade connector shoved into the fuse port and then the fuse for the interior lights reinserted over it and it was causing my short....... got about a 3rd of all the wiring cleared out of there. gotta clear the rest out so that i can actually look up into the center dash and try to find the culprit vac hose:cool: