Upper IC sealing

SuperCoupe007

Hey guys, a long time ago I bought a set of reusable teflon seals for the IC. I removed the upper IC tube a few months ago. I am putting it back on but don't remember if there is supposed to be a teflon seal where it meets the SC top. Can anyone shed some light please?

Thanks

Hey guys, a long time ago I bought a set of reusable teflon seals for the IC. I removed the upper IC tube a few months ago. I am putting it back on but don't remember if there is supposed to be a teflon seal where it meets the SC top. Can anyone shed some light please?

Thanks

Yes...if you dont had it, you can use rtv. Just wait 24 hrs to fully cure.
Ken

When I am in a pinch on a customers car, I use some Permatex 1 minute gasket sealer - usually for water pumps, etc ..

If you cant find the circle Teflon gasket, I can get you one individually without buying the whole set again.

- Dan

Yeah, I was laying in be last night when that thought came into my mind "Hey, isn't there a teflon piece that goes there???" and half asleep I decided to put the post. :p Thanks for the information guys,

When I am in a pinch on a customers car, I use some Permatex 1 minute gasket sealer - usually for water pumps, etc ..

If you cant find the circle Teflon gasket, I can get you one individually without buying the whole set again.

- Dan

Hey Dan, I am going to search in the trunk of the SC tonight to see if its hidden under another part. Incase I don't find it, I might have to take you up on your offer :)

Thanks
:)

I have a 100' roll of the gore-tex sealant. I found a supplier a few years ago but had to buy a 100' spool.

I know that the RTV and the gore-tex sealent would work great. I just like the teflon seal/gasket as it makes it feel lik a plug and play piece :D

Thanks

I have one i will send you for free. PM me your name and address and it will be on it's way. I only have the one for the top to the tube.

I have one i will send you for free. PM me your name and address and it will be on it's way. I only have the one for the top to the tube.

I am goin to check the trunk of my SC tonight when I get home to see if maybe the teflon seal is hidden under another part. Incase it is not there, I will let you know. Thanks for the support

Hey guys,
Sorry for the late reply. Mother's Day weekend had to take priority over my SC :p

So I finally got a chance to take a sneak peak in the trunk last night night (1:00 A.M). Somehome the round Teflon seal ended up being wrapped up in a white crumpled paper towel. I guess I am glad that the papwer towl didn't get tossed in the trash can.

Much thanks to all of you guys for the help and support... :)

I will post pics once the engine is running :) Hopefully that will be within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks...
:cool:

Back