PDA

View Full Version : had some fun this past sat night..

pro street rich
05-11-2012, 09:49 PM
I was out on the town this past sat night and I had my 2012 sho with us. We were going down this highway that has some stop lights on it. I came up on this 2009 gto with the 6.2 engine. When the light turned green I took off and sure enought that gto came flying past me. I didn't care mush and we got to the next light. This time the gto really kicks it in the gass and blasts off with the tires burning.. that got me going...
The next light it was on.... He was reving that 6.2 and so I gave him the nod and it was off to the races...When that light turned green we both let it rip.. There was rubber burning from both of us, yes I lite up all four wheels and the race was on.. I started to pull away from him right from the start and that twin tubro was doing it's job.. By the time I hit thrid gear it was all over for that gto... When we got to the next light his lady friend was all thumb's up and so was the driver... He was cool about getting wiped by a big old four door sedan, and I just smiled to myself...
Now one of these days I have to get to the track and see if I can put the hurt on Tim's 300, How about it Tim?? you want some of this Red Sho???....Rich

Evan_90SC
05-12-2012, 01:15 AM
I think you mean a G8?... the G8 GXP's are the ones with the 6.2L's. I think the GTOs were done after 2006. Four door right?

pro street rich
05-12-2012, 09:28 AM
The car was a 6.2 GTO. The gto was built on the G8 platform. More than that I am not all that sure on. Those all were the 415 hp cars..

rbrown
05-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Yeah we have a couple of ex T-Bird guys around here in GTO's now.

Good fun.

Anything done to the SHO?

91BLOWNBIRD
05-12-2012, 03:12 PM
the GTO was made 04, 05 and 06...the 04 is a LS1 with 350hp and the 05 & 06 was LS2 with 400hp

The 05 and 06 had hood scoops and dual exhaust setup where the 04 only had dual exhaust on one side and no scoops

If you handle a GTO it was either a 04 or he was spinning them pretty bad

pro street rich
05-12-2012, 04:57 PM
the GTO was made 04, 05 and 06...the 04 is a LS1 with 350hp and the 05 & 06 was LS2 with 400hp

The 05 and 06 had hood scoops and dual exhaust setup where the 04 only had dual exhaust on one side and no scoops

If you handle a GTO it was either a 04 or he was spinning them pretty bad

This was a 6.2 GTO. There is the plack on the right rear deck lid that states it was a 6.2 GTO. The guy did know how to drive it, and yes we both had the tires working overtime.
I know what his was and yes the SHO is rather quick. There are a few different packages that you can put in.,but thats for another day,....rich

pro street rich
05-12-2012, 05:08 PM
the 2009 pontiac that were imported from "down under" got the new LS3 engines. most of those are marked as GXP's as well. This was a 6.2 and it did run like one as well. These things are fast, but sometimes awd does give you the upper hand.....Rich

91BLOWNBIRD
05-12-2012, 07:18 PM
You have any details on those GTOs? never heard of them...

is this it?

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/hotnews/0604gmhtp_2008_pontiac_gto_ls3_other_news/index.html

So it was imported from Australia?

pro street rich
05-12-2012, 08:23 PM
You have any details on those GTOs? never heard of them...

is this it?

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/hotnews/0604gmhtp_2008_pontiac_gto_ls3_other_news/index.html

So it was imported from Australia?
This might be the one, at least it is the only 6.2 they offered..
When GM said that they were going to bring back the name "GTO" they said that it was coming from their sister company from down under. That is where they got the platform and some of the other parts from.
Now if it was a 08 or 09 I can't or won't guess much more than this. The only car that shows up with the 6.2 engine is in 09, but that also does not mean that there are not a few 08's out there.
Three things are for sure...1] the car did have all the GTO badges.. 2] that car was fast and he was really working at getting me. 3] He was not a happy camper when the fun was done... He looked over at me like, "what the hell just happened". His lady friend was more of a good sport about it then he was.....Rich

91BLOWNBIRD
05-14-2012, 08:49 PM
nice I love when that happens in my SC people are always wondering whats making all that noise or wondering why they just got handle by a grampa mobile lol

as for your SHO what did you do to it because you must have like 400+whp to be that fast in a 4500lb car...?

rbrown
05-14-2012, 09:25 PM
This was a 6.2 GTO. There is the plack on the right rear deck lid that states it was a 6.2 GTO. The guy did know how to drive it, and yes we both had the tires working overtime.
I know what his was and yes the SHO is rather quick. There are a few different packages that you can put in.,but thats for another day,....rich

Looks like you've been talking to Livernois.

I have a tune from Torrie McPhail (real name) in my Flex.

pro street rich
05-15-2012, 07:55 AM
[QUOTE=rbrown;990138]Looks like you've been talking to Livernois.

These guys really know their stuff, would you not agree?? All I can say is this is one fun old guy car that still will pull good fuel mileage and yet is so much fun to drive. Mind you it is not a S.C. bird, but it still is a blast to drive....Rich

rbrown
05-15-2012, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=rbrown;990138]Looks like you've been talking to Livernois.

These guys really know their stuff, would you not agree?? All I can say is this is one fun old guy car that still will pull good fuel mileage and yet is so much fun to drive. Mind you it is not a S.C. bird, but it still is a blast to drive....Rich

They are. Still haven't learned how to get on it in a not straight situation. The darn torque steer is insane.

jludorf
05-17-2012, 12:31 AM
nice I love when that happens in my SC people are always wondering whats making all that noise or wondering why they just got handle by a grampa mobile lol

as for your SHO what did you do to it because you must have like 400+whp to be that fast in a 4500lb car...?

The 2010 sho with the 3.5 twin turbo is 365 hp but they have lots of jam. I have one in my truck and in stock trim they are faster than the dodge hemi trucks which hasn't had much competition for several years.