Increase boost at the same RPM?

seawalkersee

Without increasing the RPM (like at the same blower RPM) how would I make more boost? Would porting the outlet make the best, or would stepping up to an MPX case work best? I did a search and it shows the boost will go down at lower RPMs, but increase at higher RPMs. I have 2-3 at idle and have 6ish as I drive at regular speeds (not on my SC BTW).

SWS

Without increasing the RPM (like at the same blower RPM) how would I make more boost? Would porting the outlet make the best, or would stepping up to an MPX case work best? I did a search and it shows the boost will go down at lower RPMs, but increase at higher RPMs. I have 2-3 at idle and have 6ish as I drive at regular speeds (not on my SC BTW).

SWS

Increase the inlet size. Seems that Neibert showed an increase in boost when going to the 4" intake if I remember. 4" might be a little overkill for a M90

Ken

Increase the inlet size. Seems that Neibert showed an increase in boost when going to the 4" intake if I remember. 4" might be a little overkill for a M90

Ken

I saw 4-5 lb boost increase on just the transbake (4500 rpm) going to a full 4 inch inlet. I think the m90 will benifit better than a screw from a bigger inlet. A screw draws the air in smoother then a m90. Were a m90 kinda pulses the air in, that is the reason why I think the m90 will benifit better. All positive displacement blowers will see improvements from bigger inlets. I would love to keep playing around with the m90, I been wanting to actually turn it around and face the inlet forward to make getting the air in much cleaner.

On my d1sc setup going from kn filter to filterless setup I gained 11rwhp. Ever since then I have run a screen on my fi devices.

Are we talking the attaching inlet plenum, or the inlet port on the blower? It is actually for my diesel and the inlet is like 4 or 5" intake tube from a powerstroke. I just wonder if having a smile built on the inlet will increase it at all.

SWS

Same blower rpm, and more boost? Reduce any restriction at the inlet to the blower (i.e. the 95mm TB and 4" maf tube). Increase back pressure (i.e. smaller exhaust) or otherwise reduce how much air leaves the cylinder during the exhaust stroke. Increase the temperature of the air, so it is expanding more thus creating more "pressure" (less air mass though, thus more boost, less power).

Only one of those ways is beneficial. And that one is only good up until you have eliminated restrictions. Note all this is in regards to a positive displacement blower.

I understand how it works, I just want to know if there is anything I can do to the actual blower its self to reduce or eliminaaet the restrictions. THere is nos any t-boddy on my ride, thei s is for a diesels.

SWS

Back