My New Project

XxSlowpokexX

Oh yah.....Its not an SC :O)~

Well after I sold my mustang I was having withdrawals. I missed having a convertible. And driving the Kia around as a daily driver albeit excellent MPG...Well.....Anyways

I found a 94 mustang gt vert auto for sale locally. 179,000 miles...Runs great..suspension and all ok...Original owner...But the interior was ratty...Had those factory 16" rims...Ugly rear factory spoiler....fogged headlights/tailights..Torn up rear seat and drivers seat...rear quarter window didnt move...You get the idea..Only one ding on the whole car. It had a crazy stereo which the owner removed. PRICE.....Negotiated to $1500

Good..New struts..New Fan New Radiator New Alternator..New tints very light..New tuneup

So....Being my SC is still not done I needed to make this semi presentable.

SO here is what I did(In order)....So far total cost around $2,000 (1-9)

1) Clay bar/Wax (forgot..Had to re-weld hanger on tailpipe)
2) HELP repair kit for rear window motor
3) Polished rear tailights (Harbor freight kit on sale $8)
4) Mach 1 Chin Spoiler
5) Ebay headlights/turn signal covers
6) S281 saleen rear spolier
7) As part of a package deal. (CCHHEEAAPP)
Saleen 17*9 chrome rims with funky bullet wheel lugs
Two side mirrors. Needed one but new ones had texture finish so changed both
Two trunk struts
drivers side switch panel cover..Mine was screwed in
Never before used spare!!!!
8) Rear interior panels. Mine were a little beat up...FREE
9) Rear lower seat..Mien was shredded...FREE!!!!!

Now what I am in the process of doing which is beyond the $2000
Add stereo. Front and rear components using mach 460 enclosures..and a bunch of stuff I had left over from my old mustang. Nice alpine deck, rockford fosgate amps (The good ones from back in the day) bandpass box with 2 tens (kicker) and alpine components in the rear and infinity in the front Alpine I basically am just spending .....Total cost will be around $300 bucks for misc wiring

Up to $2,300

10) gt40 heads mildly ported with 1.7 rockers..$100
11) Comp cam COMP CAM #35-552-8 ($50 brand neewwww SCORE)
12) 24lb inj, 80mm MAF 255lph pump from my parts bin
13) NOS Kit (yah I know...it was laying around)
14) Headers....I have some but depending on what intake I find will depend on me wanting headers with EGR or not....

I figure I can score an intake/tb at a decent price. Do need some front seats...But otherwise its not that bad. I think ill be in the car for under $3,000 I realize Ill need to get a tune as these cars are notorious for detonation due to crazy timing curves given to them for emissions.

Not looking for crazy HP just wanted something fun to drive that doesn't cost an arm and a leg..And mustang stuff is cheap.>ANYWAYS..A few photos

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 287
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 255
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 294
  • photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 275
So far looking good!!!

Do you have any engine pics you can post?

Isn't 95 the last year of the 5.0HO V-8 before they went with the 4.6L OHC V-8?

Those 5.0L are freaking bullet proof! and like you said they are cheap to mod

Time to put an On3 Performance turbo kit on it.

Why are you getting a vert whenever you're gonna blast AC the whole time?

I hope your joking...On3 Performance is JUNK that should only be bolted onto JUNK.

David

PS: Damon...nice Mustang, but I'd much rather see some pictures of your SC engine bay with the new go fast stuff installed.

so would I...so would I.....Ill post some once I get the car back

And yes its a 5.0....if it were a 4.6 I wouldnt of bought it...So slow....so slow...

so would I...so would I.....Ill post some once I get the car back

And yes its a 5.0....if it were a 4.6 I wouldnt of bought it...So slow....so slow...

4.6 with pi swap=>5.0 yes 5.0s much cheaper to build but you can boost 4.6s without
Splitting the block in half! Better mpgs and they will take more abuse than a 5.0 I love 5.0s
Don't get me wrong but for a dd id take a 4.6 anyday over a 5.0 I've got 330k+ on mine and all it has is pi intake , Cai, shorthand headers x pipe and catback runs flat 9s in the 1/8th and has no problem keeping up with 99/04 gts ! I have a low mile 01pi motor I'm going to swap in and do the on3 turbo kit. (mainly for manifolds and all the hot/cold side plumbing ) swap the cheapo turbo out for a good one. I'm not going to run crazy boost just want to get in the 350/360 rwhp range for daily driving maybe a 2 tune setup with electronic boost controler so I can put the hurt on an ls1 if I need to.... Ls1s always pick on that car. They won't even try anything if I'm driving my cobra (guess they think its a terminator lol) not many 94/98 stangs running around this area that are respectable except one with a 427 stroker that's built.

Keep in mind I also own a supercharged 4.6PI bird. I know ALLLLLL ABOUT mod motors. The mod motors stock are not strong runners. Non PI awful. Sure throw some PI heads or even just the intake on a non PI motor and you will pick up some power but they are expensive to build and work on...I went through two PI motors with relatively mild boost that grenaded pistons ring lands (Before I put a built motor in) yet I can take a stock non HO 302 even and boost the shortblock with no problems. I can also make relatively good power for cheap. I will have close to a 300rwhp setup for under $500 for this car..Try doing that with a 2v mod motor. Ive never had a 5.0 over 300,000 miles but Ive been deep in the 200,000's without even pulling a valve cover off. More than half of which I did myself so I know it hadn't been apart.

Bottomline to each his/her own. For me...If its an older mod motor it need to be a 4v. Ford just dropped the ball on the 2valve mod motor in my opinion even in PI form. Now the 3valve..Id like to get my hands on one of those let alone the new coyote.

Looks pretty decent for $3000. You can tell the 94 from 95 by the ground effect caps at the bottom of the front fenders. They were tubular on 94 and molded all nicely on the 95. Then again, people swapped them back and forth all the time.

Is that car an auto or manual? My friend had a 94 AODE GT Vert back in the day and it was a dog :) Bone stock he ran 3 times at Gateway and pulled a 15.6, a 15.6 and a 15.5. I still like those cars though.

*** just noticed you said it was an auto.

Looks pretty decent for $3000. You can tell the 94 from 95 by the ground effect caps at the bottom of the front fenders. They were tubular on 94 and molded all nicely on the 95. Then again, people swapped them back and forth all the time.

Is that car an auto or manual? My friend had a 94 AODE GT Vert back in the day and it was a dog :) Bone stock he ran 3 times at Gateway and pulled a 15.6, a 15.6 and a 15.5. I still like those cars though.

*** just noticed you said it was an auto.

I only paid $1500 for it and put in an additional 500 for a total of $2000..Im figuring once the stereo and motor mods are complete Ill be in it for under $3000. Cars a pig and I'd guess mid to low 15's. It's amazing however how much better the chasis is compared to my fox from a flex standpoint however. I just want it to get out of its own way..That id be happy with

That's even better then. The aggrivating thing is that I could run a 14.6-14.8 at 94mph...and I could eat him alive off the line, but if we were up in the 60+ mph range he could pull me in slightly. Those cars have decent mph, but just need a kick in the balls off the line.

I challange you!

I challange you to a race!!! My 85 GT with t tops ($800) against your $1500 convertible.

5.0 with gt40 heads, old school b' cam, 1.7 roller rockers, headers and full exhaust. Engine cost $400.

so, cruisin in style!!!

Don

\

Back