PDA

View Full Version : 2012 HRPT - Muskegon, MI (Stop #2) June 3

Kurt K
05-15-2012, 10:12 AM
For those of you that can't make the entire Hot Rod Power Tour but want to try to meet up with us, here is the information about the stop in Muskegon, MI.

Sunday, June 3:
12 p.m. (noon) 6 p.m. Registration Open Downtown Muskegon, Muskegon, MI
12 p.m. (noon) COKER TIRE Cruise Night Begins

I'm not sure when we will arrive in Muskegon since I don't know if we will leave Detroit with the rest of the tour. Anyway, post up if you want to try to meet us here.

Kurt K
05-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Apparently, there was supposed to be a burnout pit and a competition in Muskegon, but not anymore. I just found this:

This just in..

NOTICE ! NOTICE ! NOTICE ! NOTICE !!
BAD NEWS EVERYONE. CRUISING THE LAKESHORE-MUSKEGON WILL NOT BE OFFERING THE BURNOUT PIT AS AN ACTIVITY AT THIS YEARS EVENT. WE HAVE TOTALLY EXHAUSTED ALL OPTIONS IN FINDING INSURANCE TO COVER THIS ACTIVITY. iT'S NOT A COST THING, NO COMPANY WILL ISSUE US A POLICY.
IF YOU DO BURNOUTS ON THE CITY STREETS, YOU'LL DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Sad news...

Kurt K
06-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Ok, were to begin....

We decided to drive the official route from Warren, MI to Muskegon, MI. It was a mess, but we were having fun. With about 4 hours left before the show deadline, I decided to detour straight to the interstate so that we wouldn't get bogged down in all of the little towns and road construction. About 12 miles into the 23 or so mile stretch to the interstate, Connie pulled over and put the flashers on. Long story short, broken valve spring on the intake valve of number 6 (twitter followers should already know this).

With about 2.5 hours left until the show deadline and 135 miles to the show, I left to get our credentials stamped. XR7Dave and Micah (I think, but I wasn't there) drove to meet Dan Sly to get a stock valve spring and retainer. They had to do that because Connie's car doesn't have stock springs and retainers and none of the parts places we contacted could get a stock retainer until Monday at the earliest.

Anyway, I had some fun with a new Camaro on the way to Muskegon, which allowed me to to actually make it with only 10 minutes to spare :D I snapped a couple of pictures and then headed to the hotel in Holland, MI.

About 10 minutes after I arrived and checked in, I learned that the crew was just heading out to get to the hotel. It will still be a couple of hours before they get here, so I'm typing this now, instead of in the morning before we leave.

Hopefully tomorrow's adventure will be better.