Exhaust setup

Tedor

I have kooks mid lenghts headers to 2.5" into a magnaflow 12288 resonator to 3" and split back to 2.5". Right now Im thinking which mufflers would be the best sound?

I'm telling anybody who cares to listen... find some Mustang GT take off mufflers... high quality Motorcraft part made of stainless steel, available for ~$100 for a pair!

Or if you really want quiet and don't care about having a ginormous can hanging out the back, source some Cobra Mustang take offs! Even bigger!

These are Cobra take off's on an SHO (clearly!)
GreenSCs021.jpg

Sound Clips

Does anybody have any sound clips of their exhaust systems? If you do, please tell us the particulars as well. Thanks!

Michael

I'm telling anybody who cares to listen... find some Mustang GT take off mufflers... high quality Motorcraft part made of stainless steel, available for ~$100 for a pair!

Or if you really want quiet and don't care about having a ginormous can hanging out the back, source some Cobra Mustang take offs! Even bigger!

These are Cobra take off's on an SHO (clearly!)
GreenSCs021.jpg

You know, I looked into this, but it looks like the angles of the hangers and tips are wrong, so they would have to be cut and re-welded to work properly. It's not that they won't work ... it's just that the amount of work involved levels the playing field a lot. Unless I am missing something?

i just put the 07 mustang takeoffs on and they do require a considerable amount of work to install. they sound incredible though, no more drone.

the previous owner had an aftermarket style resonator on my bird and subsequently replaced the rest of the performance exhaust with stock style aftermarket parts before selling it to me. the drivers side hanger rotted out so i ended up cutting off both mufflers, then the y pipe down to the single at the diff and fabbed up my own 2.25 duals with just open pipe. the drone thats there isnt terrible and i know how i can rectify it but im curious as to the raspy/hiss sound coming from the exhaust, not the sound an exhaust leak makes, theres something internal sounding about it. is that the stock cats making the car sound like that?

... i know how i can rectify it but im curious as to the raspy/hiss sound coming from the exhaust, not the sound an exhaust leak makes, theres something internal sounding about it. is that the stock cats making the car sound like that?

Is it like a soft, "white noise" type of sound? Is it only when you are at or close to full throttle?

yeah white noise, at WOT thing sounds like it wants to make left turns all day;)

Left turns? Not following ya.

As for the hiss, it may be normal, and due to restriction in the size of the exhaust. A lot of factory cars hiss at WOT for that reason.

meant it sounds like a circle track car, lmao

SO ANYWAY when i was underneath installing the new 3.27 diff i looked at the bottom of the "resonator" looks like they just bolted in a universal aftermarket muffler backwards so the inlet was facing the rear of the car. with the baffles facing the wrong way would that cause the unusual exhaust noise?

Like a circle track car? Hmm. That's not what I was imagining. I am going to bow out - I have no idea!

HAHAH, it was a joke, sounds good, little buzzy, but yeah im not so sure on that reversed muffler/resonator hack job they did, haha i might have to go size a flowmaster 44OR for myself or somethin

EDIT: maybe a 50 would work better
chin_scratch.gif

Last edited:
Back