PDA

View Full Version : new member here!

gangaskan
05-16-2012, 10:45 AM
hi guy's i have a 5 speed 89 supercoupe i just bought and it has been well maintained :D my gf's dad used to work at ford and walked his car down the line when he bought it.

he since passed, however, her mom wanted to sell the car and i decided to pick it up.

i have a few questions and i hope everyone could assist me :D

r1dd1ck913
05-16-2012, 11:13 AM
What's your questions?

gangaskan
05-16-2012, 11:22 AM
well first off

there is something wrong with my speedo, at random times the speedo will just stop functioning, or function randomly (at 30-50 mph at any rate) when i hit a bump sometimes it will kick back into normal operation.

could that be the tooth gear?

and i hear a knock at roughly 3k or so sometimes, if i go easy it wont knock, if i give it gas from 2k and it goes up to 3 it will knock, but only while i'm in gear .

also what is the best ECU for my Tbird? i have a few around and i know the XR4TI had a set of ecu's that performed well over certain models.

my other problems include glass

i need to re mount a window on the track tabs, how do i pull that out of the window track to get a better grip on it? and whats the best adhesive to use?

driver side window just started ticking alomst. i have to push and aid it down and up and i feel it pulsing. is it dying?

some things are a little easier to fix, i just need to replace the ebrake ( i have a NOS one still wrapped in factory plastic) and the leather seats wont "lock" while they're set back.

i think thats about it!

oh, and i'll snap some pics at lunch :)

r1dd1ck913
05-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Well the speedo sounds like a loose connection at the insterment cluster. Thats if your not getting a cel light.

gangaskan
05-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Well the speedo sounds like a loose connection at the insterment cluster. Thats if your not getting a cel light.

i do get a CEL from time to time, i just dont have a eec reader for it.

i can make one and do blink codes right?

r1dd1ck913
05-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Yes there is 2 points on the eec connector that you can jump to get the blink codes.