Bleeding the power steering

tweedybird

Looks like this SC had power steering fluid used instead of ATF. I had the pump loose when I was replacing the valve cover gaskets, could not/did not have enough time to remove the pump and drain it so I got a turkey baster and removed some of the old fluid, ran the engine with new ATF fluid but the amount of crud coming out is insane.
I did not find a bleeder valve for the PS system, is there one? How can I easily drain out all the old fluid. Standing there with a turkey baster will take a very long time.

Suggestions?

Looks like this SC had power steering fluid used instead of ATF. I had the pump loose when I was replacing the valve cover gaskets, could not/did not have enough time to remove the pump and drain it so I got a turkey baster and removed some of the old fluid, ran the engine with new ATF fluid but the amount of crud coming out is insane.
I did not find a bleeder valve for the PS system, is there one? How can I easily drain out all the old fluid. Standing there with a turkey baster will take a very long time.

Suggestions?

Yes, there is a bleeder valve but not in a fun place. Take a look under the LH accessory bracket (same as PS pump) and find the knob sitting on the PS line. Hold it open while you have the car on and cover yourself as it will make a mess.

So I was looking for this bleeder valve and did not find it....

What line is it on again? there a diagram or a picture I can reference?

Back