PDA

View Full Version : supercharger replacements

tehsilver95lx
05-16-2012, 08:04 PM
what type of modd'ed superchargers will fit on to an sc? and what could expected gains could be claimed/seen ?:)

nickleman60
05-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Magnum Powers sells direct fit/bolt-on upgraded superchargers. Dave Dalke (aka XR7Dave) sells custom built twin screw supercharger kits. I'm currently running a Magnum Powers MPx supercharger but waiting for a 2.3 Whipple kit from Dave.

http://www.magnumpowers.com/thunder_pro_pri.php

rzimmerl
05-16-2012, 08:16 PM
MPx is a great choice for a bolt on replacement. If you want to go further to a custom built application look for a 1.7 or 2.0 Autorotor or Whipple 2.3.

tehsilver95lx
05-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Magnum Powers sells direct fit/bolt-on upgraded superchargers. Dave Dalke (aka XR7Dave) sells custom built twin screw supercharger kits. I'm currently running a Magnum Powers MPx supercharger but waiting for a 2.3 Whipple kit from Dave.

http://www.magnumpowers.com/thunder_pro_pri.php

i have herd of the mpx,through parts search's -does dave do anything with kenne bell superchargers?

rzimmerl
05-16-2012, 08:18 PM
He will but you have to supply the Kenne Bell to him.

ricardoa1
05-16-2012, 08:29 PM
He will but you have to supply the Kenne Bell to him.

Thats good to know. But I think at this point you would have to supply any of the above mentioned SCs. The only one he can probably buy for you is the Whipple.

tehsilver95lx
05-16-2012, 08:39 PM
is there any specific kb's anyone members has used with high success

nickleman60
05-16-2012, 08:59 PM
and what could expected gains could be claimed/seen ?:)

With the MPx and supporting mods you can get get to the high 300's rwhp range and run in the low 12's maybe high 11's. With the twin screws you can get to the 450-500 rwhp range with supporting mods and run in the high 10's to low 11's. I currently run a 100 shot of nitrous with the MPx to get my numbers in my signature.

BLOWN38
05-16-2012, 09:38 PM
is there any specific kb's anyone members has used with high success

Noone has a Kenne Bell per say, well maybe someone does. What we have is the Auto Rotor(AR), which looks like a KB cause KB used to get their blowers from AR. There are 1.7 and 2.0 AR's out there doing very well.

tehsilver95lx
05-17-2012, 09:07 AM
hmmmmm interesting,thanks guys-im gonna go do some searching now:)

kenewagner
05-17-2012, 09:35 AM
what type of modd'ed superchargers will fit on to an sc? and what could expected gains could be claimed/seen ?:)

There are two Kenne Bell blowers out there that I know of, one is not on a 3.8 motor and the other hasnt been installed yet. You cant just buy a new one from Kenne Bell, they are not very friendly that way:rolleyes: The Whipple can be bought new and the popular size is the 2.3. All need custom fabrication to make them work on an SC. All the twin screws will make quite a bit more power than a roots style blower as mentioned. You can probably pick up a used Kenne Bell on the internet if you lean toward them.

Ken

ricardoa1
05-17-2012, 11:58 AM
There are two Kenne Bell blowers out there that I know of, one is not on a 3.8 motor and the other hasnt been installed yet. You cant just buy a new one from Kenne Bell, they are not very friendly that way:rolleyes: The Whipple can be bought new and the popular size is the 2.3. All need custom fabrication to make them work on an SC. All the twin screws will make quite a bit more power than a roots style blower as mentioned. You can probably pick up a used Kenne Bell on the internet if you lean toward them.

Ken

Ken

I'd love to hear the results of that kit once it is installed. I bet it will make his owner pretty happy. I also hear that the kit from a 98 Mustang Cobra, has the correct snout size to fit an SC, assuming it uses the bigbore head unit and not the autorotor sourced ones.

Finding a used Custom Auto Rotor kit is possible and will ready to bolt on. They pop up once or twice a year on the forums. When they do be ready and have that paypal account full of $$$$$$$$$$$$.

But I also hear turboes are the new trend. So you should look into that. highway flybys will never be the same. Also SupraCoupes are the HOTNESS

shoalcracker
05-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Pretty sure there are other options.

I would talk to DD for more input.

Paul

David Neibert
05-18-2012, 12:48 PM
I think the 2.3 Whipple is a great blower for these v6 motors. Not too big and not too small...Just right.

David