Lifetime Service Guarantee

tcox009

I'm the original owner of a 89SC. I was looking in my owners manual and I noticed that it mentioned a Lifetime Service Guarantee. I had transmission problems about 10 years ago and it was repaired by a Ford dealer and my new problem appears the same. Appartently this was a Ford program in the 80s and 90s when Ford was known as Fix or repair daily.

Anybody have any experience trying to use this program?
Tom

I believe that would be a lifetime service warranty for the owner of the vehicle that actually paid for that repair. I do not believe that warranty is transferrable to a different owner.

I believe that would be a lifetime service warranty for the owner of the vehicle that actually paid for that repair. I do not believe that warranty is transferrable to a different owner.

Probably right, but notice the first line of his post states he is the original owner of the car.

Tom, I don't have any personal experience with that program, but I would say give them a call and see what they say. The worst they can do is say no. To help your chances, I would say the best bet would be to bring it back to the same dealership that did the work 10 years ago, if they are still in business and if you are still living anywhere near there.

I know that all repairs done on my 96 Dodge by the Dodge dealer using Mopar parts carried a lifetime warranty. Not sure if it's the same thing or not. If it was bearing on your transmission repair, I would think that terms of the warranty would be on your receipt.

What paperwork do you have from:
a) purchase of the car
b) previous transmission work
c) warranty terms/conditions

All those will help you. Good luck, this is pretty unusual... the lifetime warranty thing :)

I'd be concerned - "lifetime warranty" may mean that when you take it back in, they kill you ... :D:D

(That's a joke, BTW.)

RwP

I would imagine if you bitch moan and complain enough about it with receipts they will have no choice but to honor the warranty

Back