Head - headache

I<3boost

So im trying to get my heads off, i got the 4 bolts underneath the valve cover, but now im curious on if the headers go into the head and if i need to remove the valve springs thanks for any help!

The heads have 8 location where its secured, 4 are under the valve cover and 4 are near the exaust manifold. YOu cant miss them unless you try.

Yes, you need to unbolt the headers / exhaust manifolds from the heads to remove. You don't need to remove the valve springs, but the rocker arms will need either removed or moved out of the way. I usually remove them completely. Just make sure you place them in order so that they can be re-installed on the same valve - same with the pushrods (same valve, same up/down orientation)

well i wasnt sure but i do have the rocker arms off, but i just wasnt completely sure since this is my first time going into an engine its always been bad luck with trannys for me :p

well i wasnt sure but i do have the rocker arms off, but i just wasnt completely sure since this is my first time going into an engine its always been bad luck with trannys for me :p

If you haven't already done it, you will also need to remove the intake manifold.

David

Back