MP fmic installation

Superloop

I'm trying to install one on my 89 sc; Do I have to relocate the a/c condenser to install the intercooler? It mounts just fine to the original radiator mounting holes, but it contacts the condenser when I try to bolt it on the top side. Thanks in advance!

Dont bother with the top bolts. The ic pipes will keep it in place. Keep an eye on the lower radiator hose do it so it does not rub the main serp belt. There are tricks you will have to learn. I install the ic, rad, lower tube all as an assembly. It makes things easier. The fan might not fit as one piece, it depends on the size. It only goes in one way when you do it like that. Make sure you leave the clamps loose to rotate the tube as needed.

Also the upper tube where it meets the sc top. You will run into issues. You will be faced with cutting the tube, or modifying the top. The AR is forward a little and the tube might be too long. Good luck.

Dont bother with the top bolts. The ic pipes will keep it in place. Keep an eye on the lower radiator hose do it so it does not rub the main serp belt. There are tricks you will have to learn. I install the ic, rad, lower tube all as an assembly. It makes things easier. The fan might not fit as one piece, it depends on the size. It only goes in one way when you do it like that. Make sure you leave the clamps loose to rotate the tube as needed.

Also the upper tube where it meets the sc top. You will run into issues. You will be faced with cutting the tube, or modifying the top. The AR is forward a little and the tube might be too long. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. I've decided that I'm going to delete the a/c. I won't be driving the car on a daily basis anyway; I don't need a/c. Plus it looks like it frees up a lot of space under the hood.

Back