Hating my car.

r1dd1ck913

Ok so no matter what I do I can not get my car to start. I have put most of it back to stock. The only non stock parts is my underdive pillies and cam. I have good fuel pressure and spark. New plugs and wires. I hold the throttle to the floor and it don't help but If I give it a little gas it tries to start but won't. I checked vacuum can can't find anything wrong. Please help.

Ok so no matter what I do I can not get my car to start. I have put most of it back to stock. The only non stock parts is my underdive pillies and cam. I have good fuel pressure and spark. New plugs and wires. I hold the throttle to the floor and it don't help but If I give it a little gas it tries to start but won't. I checked vacuum can can't find anything wrong. Please help.

Please list all the stuff you messed with. For example did you remove and reinstall the cam sensor scyncro stalk ?

David

I had a similiar issue recently and found that I have a vapour lock in the fuel system. I suggest you try running the fuel pump by jumpering the test connector as shown in the link below. I ran mine for 5 minutes and the car started. I had fuel pressure too but it would not run. Now it runs but it has other issues.

Here

Last edited:
OK well I swapped the motor from a running 94 in to my 91 SC. Right now the car has stock 30 pound injectors with the 94 SC on it with the stock 94 pulley. They guy that put the motor together was a member of this forum and said he put a cam in it. The cam he put in it ran with no tune needed. The MAF is a stock unit and there is no aftermarket tune. And I also changed the Balancer and crank sensor to the one off my 91.

Fouled plugs can be the problem also. ~~~~ to change but a cheap thing to try.

I had a similar problem with my car. I fouled the plugs. I went back the next day it started, seems the fuel evaporated from the plugs.

Which crank balancer is on the motor? Did the proper crank sensor get used?

94 balancer with 91 crank sensor could be an issue.

Nope it's a 91 balancer and sensor. I get spark and have 40 psi fuel pressure.

Have you put a timing light on it to see that the correct cylinder is getting spark at the correct time? Injectors are pulsing correctly as well?

Sorry about the above question I missed where you posted that above.

Last edited:
How would I check timing with out it running.

On a 93 I had it would send the pulse to the spark plug while cranking.

First, use a Noid Light or a low current test light. Put the the trigger wire to the battery + of the injector and then go to the neg for the injector and it should flash the light. That will tell you if it's pulsing or not.

Much easier to show than type out. :rolleyes:

Well I have a noid set. I just need to go pick it up. I'm sure it is trying to burn the fuel because I get some puffs of black smoke when trying to start it.

So yea I guess the last guy that messed with the cam shaft didn't put it in right. I unplugged the cam sensor and the damn thing started on the second try.

Back