Few questions..

schwalbe

So I've got a 90 sc auto, motor has a spun bearing. I plan on pulling the auto out to put a new crank in. So Id like to run nos. I was thinking of a 150 shot. I seen somewhere anything over 75 you need a bigger fuel pump. Since I will have the motor out should I put a new cam in it? I've got a 89/93 super charger that was rebuilt, coated rotors, 42 pound injectors. With a decent cam, and the nos what kind of power should I expect? I could rebuild the rearend this summer. Oh yes and I got a 5% pully also.

1. What kind cam would be the best for this?

2. What about the motor. It's got around 100k it so would it be able to handle it?

3. Will the transmission be able to handle it? While it's out should I have a stall installed? I was thinking of a 2500. Would a shift kit be a good idea also?

4. I was looking at the cold air intakes, anyone have any problems with the inter fender mounted ones? If so, which one would be the best?

5. I've been looking for a set of used kooks. Are they needed for this set up? Would the exhaust be a problem?

6. Any other performance parts should I upgrade to make this work?
Any input would be greatful. Thanks

your going to need a tune
a good exhaust set up
bigger injectors most likely 60's
trany rebuild with heavy duty bands and clutches. a nitrous converter with anti balloning plates and most likely a 2,800 stall.

motor is going to need headgaskets and headstuds.
i would go with the magnum powers intake and heat sheild.
75 mm throttle body and 76mm maff.

forget the kooks and port the stock manifolds
get the mandrel bent exhaust kit.

bank for the buck the stock manifold will flow enough up to 400hp. no need to spend the extra 600 on the kooks
all so ditch the stock resonater. i used the mandrel bendz exhaust kit and a midmount flowster in place of the resonater.
it cost me 350 for the muffler and pipe kit.

Last edited:
Back