Couple more questions.

vaprobe87

How much vaccum should I be running at idle on a stock 1989 5 speed? And how much boost should I be running stock? The only thing that has been done to the car that I know of is the peice under the air box has been removed.

Also how accurate is the stock boost gauge? Should I invest in a good aftermarket one and where is the best place to hook it up if so?

Thanks

How much vaccum should I be running at idle on a stock 1989 5 speed? And how much boost should I be running stock? The only thing that has been done to the car that I know of is the peice under the air box has been removed.

Also how accurate is the stock boost gauge? Should I invest in a good aftermarket one and where is the best place to hook it up if so?

Thanks

On a stock motor you should be seeing around 21 inches of vacuum at idle and 10-12 psi boost.

David

The only boost gauges that are actually accurate are electronic ones that use a map sensor. The stock gauges are notoriously inaccurate, but generally speaking anywhere from 18-21" of vacuum would be normal according to the stock gauge.

Mine runs just a hair under the 20 mark for vaccum and a bit past 10 under boost so I gueas its about right.

I have a slight vibration in mine under acceleration and seems like it is missing a little bit when idleing. Could it be the plugs and wires? I just bought my SC a few weeks ago and there is a sticker on the visor that says the oil was changed less than 1000 miles ago but im not sure about the plugs and wires.

The dash says it getting ready to turn over to 300K but the engine was replaced in late 09 at 278K.

Back