Codes

RSC'91

So after having replaced head gaskets in the past 1,000 miles the engine is running great, however, I'm now getting codes 212, 214, and 542 from a KOEO diagnostic. 212 loss of each input to SPOUT circuit grounded and 214 DIS cylinder identification circuit failure. 542 was prexisting when I bought the car - fuel pump circuit open -ECA to motor. If anyone can offer some advice where to look for the cause, I would really appreciate the help. I replaced the fuel pump, hoses, and tank (due to previous damage to tank)

42 views and no suggestions? Wow, tougher problem than I thought. Anyone interested in a pretty red 65k '91 with new paint and head gaskets? :(

im pretty sure code 214 is the cam sensor. or could be the ignition module do you get a check engine light? does the tach drop to zero while driving the car classic sign of bad cam sensor easy fix

Any direction is most appreciated! Yes, I get both an engine light and no tach. It also has an erratic cranking when starting as if it does not know what cylinder to fire. I do have a core engine and will swap the cam sensor. Many thanks.

I asked one of my instructors ( former Ford mechanic ) about the 542 code at one time .. he said there was a TSB that said to ignore it basically.

- Dan

Glancing through the Service Manual 212 and 214 indicate either bad Cam and or Crank sensor or a open circuit.

It was the cam sensor, new one installed last night seems to have corrected the issue. Once I figure out the problem with the fuel gauge its back to 100%. Many thanks for the information guys, I sure appreciate it. :cool:

Back