N2o/meth

try2v8

Have about 100 questions but lets start with can I run both nitrose and a meth kit? and if not why. Thanks

Last edited:
Awesome

Ya I just found an article that completely explained it to me. This is awesome. Next question. What mods do I need to run this setup.

Non just hook up the kits if you are running a wet kit. Colder spark plugs. Autolite 103's. Maybe just a bigger fuel pump. I do suggest a RPM window switch for the N2O tho.

Ya I just found an article that completely explained it to me. This is awesome. Next question. What mods do I need to run this setup.

Here is a good article about using nitrous on an SC. Of the Nitrous kits currently being offered, I would go with the Zex wet kit.

http://www.sccoa.com/sccoo/Faq/nitrousoxide.htm

Methanol injection is used as a substitute for race fuel and doesn't make any power just by injecting it into the motor. It just allows you to run more ignition timing than you could just using pump gas, and that is where the extra power comes from. Most people use it for cooling the intake charge over what can be done by the intercooler alone. I use a Snow Performance system on both my SCs.

When using nitrous, you don't really need the methanol because it's already super cold, and you typically have to reduce ignition timing by 2 degrees for every 50 HP.

The only mod you need to do to use the nitrous is make sure you have a big enough fuel pump to support the extra power you will make using nitrous.

David

Coolinh

I am going to use the meth to cool my overdriven supercharger. But was unsure if I could also run nitrous as well. Thanks for the info you guys are great. I am excited about this now

What octain fuel should I run? I was plan on runninh aviation fuel as I can get it foy 6 a gallon compared to 8-13 for race fuel

100 octane would be fine for 100-125 shot. But if you use the meth 93 will be good.

I'd use the meth then you ain't gotta worry about the timing and help cool your air charge and you only use it when you need it, in boost.

Back