PDA

View Full Version : smog ?

sccrewzer
05-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Does anyone know if the MP inlet Plenum and TB are Cali legal?
How about the kooks headers?
Just wondering cause I have to smog my car soon and have these things installed and this is the first time trying with them on smog guy said something about getting CA number from the manufacture guess its a new law or something.

Matt SC ESC
05-24-2012, 01:15 AM
He was probably talking about the "CARB" stickers. I doubt the MP parts are actually smog legal, but if the smog shop is that anal, I'd maybe consider finding a different smog shop.

Where are you located? I know of several in San Bernardino that couldn't care less what is under the hood, as long as what comes out the pipe is clean.

edit: Just saw you were in Escondido.

Do yourself a favor. Go see my brother at About Service, at 845 Metcalf. His name is Mark. It's the corner of Mission and Metcalf. Tell him I sent you, and he will take care of you. He has a smog shop that he deals with that will get your car smogged for an AWESOME price.

sccrewzer
05-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks buddy Ill check it out friday!

sccrewzer
06-01-2012, 12:23 PM
My bird passed somg with flying colors just seafoamed it and pulled timing plug

My brother's on the other hand faild again (all stock) we did the samething thing to it and nothing so I think his cats are bad anyone have any suggestions on cats to use at a resonable price? I did check SCP and summitracing not bad at all.

SuperCoupe007
06-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Congratulations on your Bird passing with flying colors!!!

I too have to take my SC for a smog. I should pray to the Bird gods that mine too passes with flying colors :p

I don't have any suggestions for which cats to use. However I would suggest to post a thread in the "technical" forum and I am sure you will get lots of good help for your brother.

:)