-Feeler- MN12 Go-Pro Mount

Toms-SC

Hey all,

Disclaimer: This is just a feeler thread.

I'm going to be picking up a GoPro camera pretty quick and was curious if anybody else was interested in a MN12 specific GoPro camera mount.

Proposed Features:
- Would clamp onto the two head rest mounts. I was considering a permanent install mount but there are enough people here with multiple MN12's that having it removable would be better option.
- Would sit to the right of the driver.
- Would have swivels for different angles, pitches.
- CnC out of aluminum.
- Aiming for under $100 shipped within the US.

Interested? Post up.

Years ago I purchased a camcorder mount that connected to the headrest post. I'll have to dig it out at home to see who made it. Anyway, the problem with it was that it wasn't stable at the drag strip. I would always hear the headrest post bushings creek when shifting. Since the GoPro is much-much lighter than my old digital-8 camcorder this may not be an issue anymore.

Adjusting the angle was a bit cumbersome, but I think that was required due to the weight of the cameras that would mounting to it.

I'll see what I can find.

I've been using the CruiseCam mount for years. It mounts on the headrest posts, is adjustable, and IIRC, was only around $40.

cameramount.jpg

I have a GoPro which has been mounted to a helmet, to a headrest and to the rollbar. To me the wide angle perspective does not lend itself to in car videos. The GoPro is awesome when mounted to a fender using the suction cup mount that comes with it.

I have a GoPro which has been mounted to a helmet, to a headrest and to the rollbar. To me the wide angle perspective does not lend itself to in car videos. The GoPro is awesome when mounted to a fender using the suction cup mount that comes with it.
The new GoPro Hero2 always you to narrow the field of view down to 90° on some of the resolutions, whereas the Hero is stuck at 127° or 170°. But like you said, they work well on the fender...or even the roof.

Back