No tune??

try2v8

Can I temporarily run without a tune. Need to break in the cam but dont have it chipped or tuned yet. Im running....
214/218 cam with .579/.589 lift lobe sep us 112 I belive that is correct
Pp heads with bigger dd valves
True dual exhaust (pro xs res and mufflers)
Kooks mid length
75 tb an 76 maf
225lph fuel pump possibly 60ld siemen dekas
10% od
Dbl intercooler
Have not installed but will/wont if makes a diff a meth kit.
Pp intake and plenum
I believe that is everything. Thanks

Would a base program take care of that till a proper tune could br achieved? What would your course of action be??

If I absolutely needed the car right away I'd do a base tune and baby it until proper tuning can be had.

Thank you. Im have no idea how to tune. But I figured it had to run for the tune. Hence the cam breakin before the tune.

Tuning isn't that difficult. Once you get the basics down the rest will follow.

Have XR7_Dave sell you a base tune with a Quarterhorse.

You've already started to mod your motor. Why not get something to manage it?

The QH will pay for itself, really.

The fact you can log real time and tune on the fly is just..... Well, badass :D

Its a dd grind from the paperwork that came with it said to run at ay1800-2000 rpm for20 min to start a wear pattern. It also said not to let idle. ??? Just trying to do it right for the $$$ ive got in it. Yes I talked to dave. Now how close am I to perfect with the base tune chip?

Its a dd grind from the paperwork that came with it said to run at ay1800-2000 rpm for20 min to start a wear pattern. It also said not to let idle. ??? Just trying to do it right for the $$$ ive got in it. Yes I talked to dave. Now how close am I to perfect with the base tune chip?

If you talked to Dave, I'm sure he told you that the only way to get the tune dialed in, is to be sitting in the car datalogging it and making the necessary tuning corrections. This also assumes that everything is mechanically correct and all your sensors are functioning properly.

Doing a base tune and tweaking it long distance is possible if you have QH and Binary Editor along with a compatible wide band o2 and the ability to share datalogs with Dave. This may be practial for general driveability and cruising, but a dyno is prefered for WOT tuning. While your sitting on the dyno, it isn't going to be very practical for you to try and make tuning changes long distance.

David

Can I temporarily run without a tune. Need to break in the cam but dont have it chipped or tuned yet. Im running....
214/218 cam with .579/.589 lift lobe sep us 112 I belive that is correct
Pp heads with bigger dd valves
True dual exhaust (pro xs res and mufflers)
Kooks mid length
75 tb an 76 maf
225lph fuel pump possibly 60ld siemen dekas
10% od
Dbl intercooler
Have not installed but will/wont if makes a diff a meth kit.
Pp intake and plenum
I believe that is everything. Thanks

You cant run 60lb injectors without a tune the ones I have you can

According to the seimen dekas page it can be tun on stock computer. But none the less im not trying to avoid a tune im just trying to bteak in the cam befor it gets wot on the dyno and I wreck a brand new cam.

The base tune will get you to be able start the car and let it run for the break in period but anything other than that would not be suitable for driving.

Get it running with the base tune, break in the cam, then before you get out and romp on it or go WOT on the dyno GET THE QH. You will be way ahead if you do. Don't risk your hard work and money.

According to the seimen dekas page it can be run on stock computer.

That only means that they are high impedance injectors that don't need a seperate driver, not the the car will run correctly. :rolleyes:

Talk to Dave before you do something that you'll regret. ;)

with 60 lb injectors and a 76mm maf you will need the green sample tube to get started before tuning...

I believe you can run the car with just the green sample tube as I did with no problems until I got a tune (no WOT!!!!!), but I agree that you should just talk to Dalke and get a tune going

Is the cam a roller cam, as per stock on SC? I've done a few roller swaps, and never "run in" a roller. Never had a cam/lifter failure either. Also reuse stock roller lifters on many 5.0 swaps. That break in is for flat tappet cams, I don't think it is needed for a roller. On a flat tappet a wear pattern between cam and lifter is formed, that is why u can't reuse lifters on a different cam, and they have to stay with the same lobe if you have them apart for any reason.
Adam

Back