Crank sensor

schwalbe

So where is the sensor at? What do I do to remove it? I plan on doing it tomarrow night and the sensor should be in Saturday morning . So I want this to be as easy as it can

Its located on the left side of the crank pulley. Two small bolts dont remember what size holt it in. dont forget to unplug it now. Invest in a hanse manual might be of some use :)

Got one, but wasn't sure how much of a pain it would be. See I had a few things replaced on the car and the thermostat was one of them but it kept leaking so that must of caused a short in it maybe?

"hawgy" is correct, the bolt size is 5.5mm

I would recommend using a combination wrench, since there is not much room to play with in that area.

Good Luck
:)

Just FYI, there is a black plastic cover around the harmonic balancer, which must be removed to get to the crank sensor. I think there are 1 or 2 bolts holding it on from the underside, and then the two halves un-clip from each other and come off the car.

Some people will tell you to throw the cover out. Don't do that. It's perfectly fine where it is. And it has timing marks on it that let you check the timing advance with a light, should you choose to do so.

Haven't replaced it yet. Last weekend I drove to target, it died after I pulled out of the parking spot. Started, made it maybe 50 feet died and wouldn't start. I went out tonight to see if it'd start and it did. Drove towards my friends house maybe three blocks away and it died three times on the way there. I replaced the dis and the cam sensor with ones form my parts cars. The new crank sensor won't be in until morning. The check engine light was also on too for part of this. Crazy. Any ideas?

Yup. Replaced it when it first broke down with one from the parts car and I put the old one back in. But now it's leaking oil everywhere.

Cam sensor is leaking oil everywhere? You may have a worn out synchro assembly (the mechanical part of the cam sensor). But you should be able to run the car fine without the cam sensor plugged in. The only consequence of unplugging it is that starting it is a 1 in 3 shot (since it has to guess which piston is up at that time).

Have you checked the wiring leading up from the crank sensor?

Changed the oil, I don't know if my friend tightened the drain plug or filter. Just gotta check it in the morning

Back