Simple fan switch

Andrew89SC

I searched for an hour and was not able to find my answer so I will ask.

I have been having problem with my fan switch, I had a switch wired on the #14 wire, over the winter that option stopped working. I attempted to fix it and failed. I do not want to explore that option any further.

My second attempt was to wire it from the battery to a heavy duty switch to the fan. It worked for a short period of time, the switch got very hot and failed. I am very confident I did that wrong.

I Think there is a better way to do it using a relay with a fuse or something of that manner. I am not very good with electrical I much prefer nuts and bolts. I can replace the clutch np but I cant make the fan work properly...go figure.

If someone can explain to me how to run a independent switch for my fan the correct way it would be appreciated. Keep in mind that I don't exactly know how relays work so if the answer could be as dumb down as possible.

Any help will be valued and sorry for asking a common question again.

Thanks,
Andrew

Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for. What amp fuse would you recommend for the in line battery to relay? 30amp?

Thanks
Andrew

Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for. What amp fuse would you recommend for the in line battery to relay? 30amp?

Thanks
Andrew

30? For Mark VIII fans, it has to be over 70 ... which is why the 200A relay!

I'd go for a 70 to 100A fuse for the feed for the fan.

Or see what size the car currently has.

RwP

Back