New guy from Illinois

boostdprobe91

Hello everyone, My name's Matt. I just recently traded my 96 Ford Mustang 3.8l for my new 91 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe. I only had my Mustang for about 3 months, and during those three months it was a total pain in the rear end. It's left me stranded a couple of times once at the local drag strip and once right down the road from my house.

Anyway's I had several modifications done to that car and now I'm planning on doing several to this car. It's a 91 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe with a 5 speed transmission and 131,000 miles on it. It's a Texas car so no rust, just a lot of paint fade. So I will be painting the whole car semi-gloss black until I can afford to paint it back to it's original color black. It's got power windows, locks and moon/sun roof, but neither window will go down, but the motors work!

It came with 20" Forte rims witch will soon be replaced with 98 Ford Mustang GT wheels. Also it's got a pioneer cd player along with a factory cd player.But neither one of them work!

So anyways, I'll be posting on here every so often to get some advise on fixing certain things on this cars and also learning about modifications.

Thanks for reading.

Matt,

Welcome. Wondering if that is the red 91 that has been out on Craigslist? Being in the Quad cities you are close enough to come enjoy the Iowa SC club events and possibly attend Car Craft that the MN guys attend yearly.

I see you posted about the window motors already. It is a simple fix, but time consuming. Welcome to the SC world.

What part of Illinois are you in? Im in Montgomery. These cars have a lot of potential as ford restricted the heck out of them.

Welcome

Batavia il here if you should need any help working on the sc let me know. Always happy to help a fellow club member.

It came with 20" Forte rims witch will soon be replaced with 98 Ford Mustang GT wheels.

Unless someone has already done a hub swap on the car, the Mustang wheels won't fit. The SC has a 5 x 4.25" bolt pattern and the Mustang has a 5 x 4.50" bolt pattern.

This place has a pretty good selection of wheels that will fit the 4.25" bolt pattern.

http://www.thecustomwheelshop.com/

David

Back