Window won't go down!

boostdprobe91

Hello every, I've recently got a 91 Super coupe and for some reason or another neither window will go down. The drivers will go down about half way but it won't got down all the way it sounds like it's grinding when it gets to a certain point. As far as the passenger side it don't go down at all. Again I can hear the both motors running when I push the button. But it wont go down. Any suggestions will be greatly apreacitated.

Hello every, I've recently got a 91 Super coupe and for some reason or another neither window will go down. The drivers will go down about half way but it won't got down all the way it sounds like it's grinding when it gets to a certain point. As far as the passenger side it don't go down at all. Again I can hear the both motors running when I push the button. But it wont go down. Any suggestions will be greatly apreacitated.

Repair of the window motors is indicated.

Google - there's three little buttons in each gear drive (in the motor) that goes bad with age, you take the gear box apart, clean it out good, replace them (with anything from ball bearings to the nylon kits from Dorman) and reassemble.

Or replace them with new or reman units.

RwP

My guess is that both your window motors need rebuilt. There are 3 plastic balls inside the gears assembly that get old brittle and break. Find the rebuild kit on rock auto and rebuild them. It is easy. I seen the the 3 plastic balls for sale at O'reilleys the other day also. But the kit from rock auto comes with everything installed together and is easier to do.

chris

8296 is the part number I recently bought from rock auto, included everything needed assembled, worked great. Cardone was the manufacturer

Last edited:
Back