EGR tube question

gear head

Ok so long story short upon doing my head gaskets i noticed the secondary tubes coming from the main egr tube were not fully welded all the way around. For that matter may not even be going into the main EGR tube, i have a 94 five speed that is for all intensive purposes stock. According to everyone i have talked to it should have alot more pep in it's step than it dose, trying to track the issues and resolve them any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
New info and question.

Ok, so i got my hands on a ford tech repair manual. Found out the secondary tubes are supposed to be sealed and ported to the main EGR tube, but i also found out there should be a metering orifice in between the two secondary tubes in the main EGR tube. By chance in the event that the metering orifice is NOT in my EGR tube, would anyone happen to know roughly what size the metering hole should be?:confused: considering just about everything technical and important on this car has been fumbled through , i need all the help i can get to fix it properly or at liest remanufacture a stockish replacment.

Again thanks for your input / help

Back