Excessive water out my exhaust.

allTRACway

I recently obtained a 90 S/C and had been told everything mechanical on the car had been replaced/rebuilt in the last 50k miles. My situation is at idle while sitting in my garage puddles of water form under my mufflers. I'm used to old 4 cylinder import engines but my thought is maybe with the rebuild engine and a new exhaust it would allow for water to come out the exhaust. What are your thoughts.

I have seen new mufflers with a very small hole in them just for a condensation drain. I would not worry about it.

If it happens during the first while after you started the engine, that's normal, all vehicles do that. My 2011 F150 EcoBoost actually has a small hole in the exhaust way up front in the Y pipe area so it drips where you won't really notice it, rather than in the muffler or tailpipe area.

i see this all the time, its caused by condensation. some mufflers have a hole some dont, if the car has stock exhaust it has alot of places to collect and then start moving to the low spots. a good rev and drive will blow it out.

this was the main cause of exhaust failure on pre-aluminized and stainless systems. it would corrode from inside out.

Back