Cone filter?

boostdprobe91

Ok so I have kinda been reading about cold air intakes and my friend who also has a super coupe has been talking to me about adding just a cone filter. He has a k&n set up on his car, but we're talking about my car. He said it would increase boost by a little? Is that true or will it just make the super charger sound louder? Because when I add just a cone filter to my intake it seemed like the super charger is sounds louder or is it just me.

The stock set up is quite restrictive. Adding a K&N cone filter increases air flow. And yes, The louder sound you hear is the same thing we all hear. Rev it up & you hear the unrestricted air getting sucked into the MAF. Sounds good doesn't it?

Actually, I bet you could get most of the sound with removing the air silencer in the inner fender.

Just putting a cone filter on won't help in the long run - because, without more baffling, you'll be sucking the hot underhood air in, instead of using the factory cold air intake (hey, look where that snorkel comes out under the front end! SURE ain't a hot air intake ... save in Arizona where there ain't NO cold air anywhere ... )

But it'll sound better ...

RwP

I just put a cold air intake on mine and you can hear the supercharger alot more than when it just had the air silencer removed. Seems like there might have been a little increase in boost too.

I noticed your screen name boostdprobe91... What kind if Probe did you have (if thats what its for). I had a few 1990 Turbo GTs

The steel or aluminum intake tube is what really makes the difference in sound of the supercharger. Air silencer removal doesn't do too much.

Back