blown oil pressure sensor

rapper33142

I was on the highway driving home then a mustang gt started messing with me so I had to show him his gt is slow .. I dont know how fast I was going cuz my speed ometer was maxed out .. I got home and I noticed I had a puddle of oil under my car . started looking from where it was coming from and then I seen the blown oil pressure sensor . I do have a high volume oil pump .. has this happen to anybody ?

Yes, it has happened to me and a few others that I know of. Seems like the fail without much warning too. My oil pickup had started sucking in air before I realized there was a problem!!

oil sensor failed?

little old thread but mine just did this yesterday, except my leak seems to be coming from the front timing cover too. would a bad sensor cause it to leak from anywhere? I've never had this happen before it's weird

little old thread but mine just did this yesterday, except my leak seems to be coming from the front timing cover too. would a bad sensor cause it to leak from anywhere? I've never had this happen before it's weird

The sensor itself will sometimes spring a leak because of a mechanical failure, it doesn't cause other areas on the motor to start leaking oil. BTW, the oil pressure sensor/sender is located on the drivers side of the motor face, right next to the timing cover.

David

Well that means I got other problems cause I lost all oil and have zero oil pressure too. I mean it seems to be coming from the front cover, and i got everything torn to the sensor. I'd say the sensor was spraying oil but oil is leaking from both sides of the front cover

Well that means I got other problems cause I lost all oil and have zero oil pressure too. I mean it seems to be coming from the front cover, and i got everything torn to the sensor. I'd say the sensor was spraying oil but oil is leaking from both sides of the front cover

Sounds similar to my problem. I had a stuck high oil pressure bypass valve inside the front cover which let the oil pressure get to high and blew out 2 oil filter seals do to high pressure. I had good oil pressure then no oil pressure, look under the car and all my oil is running down the driveway!!

You may be doing the same thing except coming from the timing cover instead. Not sure if you can get the high pressure valve thingy seperate, but a new one comes with the new oil pump. I had to lightly "hone out" the passage the high pressure valve goes in cause it was filled with gunt and stuck on deposits, but very lightly on the honing, Super fine emory cloth on a round bristle brush attached to my drill did the trick

Smitty

Last edited:
Clean it all off very good.
Add new oil and a cheap filter, then have friend start it while you are under the car, to see if it is coming from the oil filter gasket area. Shut off immediately if you see it start to stream or flow out, you have no oil pressure if it is!!

That where mine was leaking from, but as it had oil every where it was hard to see where it was coming from exactly until I did that, but I have remote start on my SC so I could do it myself.

Hope this helps you out.

Smitty

Appreciate the help smitty thank you I did do the oil change and its definitely coming out the cover. It shocked me cause when I came out of Fred Meyer I thought i parked in a space where someone dumped out a soda but I'm glad I bent down and checked cause I would of blown my motor driving it home. That's cool that you have remote start is that hard to set up on these sc's?

Back