PDA

View Full Version : New Guy here from Indiana....

Boat
06-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Hello all, I am Mike from Fort Wayne, IN.

I currently own 2 1994 Taurus SHO's, both MTX, one red, one blue. Been thinking about testing the waters on a SC. May already have a line on a really nice one, but taking my time to research and learn about these cars. Looks like you all have a nice forum here. Been enjoying the reading. Even looks like there is a little bit more aftermarket support for the SC, versus the SHO. We have some great guys in running a nice parts site for the SHO's.

I enjoy doing my own work on the SHO's. Both have a 3.2L from the ATX SHO, mated to the 5 speed manual, gives a little more torque down low. :D Done plenty of suspension swaps, a few interior swaps. Very much enjoying my blue one as of now. New suspension overhaul throughout with Koni/Eibach combo, with a 96 Taurus front subframe, and a non-vaps rack. A blast to drive. :)

Not afraid to get my hands dirty either, pull up my sleeves and dig in. :)

Don't mind me, I will be reading/lurking around here learning and what not.

My current stable:
My fav: Blue/Black 94 SHO - MTX
http://www.shospeed.com/gallery/gallery/image.php?album_id=9&image_id=1856

http://www.shospeed.com/gallery/gallery/image.php?album_id=9&image_id=1855

The DD Red/Mocha 94 SHO - MTX
http://www.shospeed.com/gallery/gallery/image.php?album_id=9&image_id=1791

http://www.shospeed.com/gallery/gallery/image.php?album_id=9&image_id=945

scskydivin
06-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Welcome to the world of Thunderbird SC's! Glad your already a Ford lover. Gettin dirty digging in these cars isn't that hard to do. Most everything is difficult the 1st time in. But these cars can be FAST!

mywhite89
06-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Welcome to the forums, I've got two SC's here in town. If you end up getting one and need some help tinkering I've done a little work on mine.

chris

Boat
06-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Sounds good, Chris. I will definitely look you up if I get one. Are there others on here, here in Fort Wayne?

Welcome to the forums, I've got two SC's here in town. If you end up getting one and need some help tinkering I've done a little work on mine.

chris

SCTBIRD1173
06-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Those are some HOT SHOs you got there boat! I'm not sure if you have seen me on shoforum or at Carlisle, my username and plate is "NO SHO" I enjoy my '95 LX, planning on doing an MTX swap and ZF rack when I install the '02 subframe I have. :D I have Tokicos/Eibachs on mine with 24/26 bars and Ingalls front strut rods along with tubular rear control arms. I also have a 94 ATX parts car from "sho son" on shoforum.

The SCs are very fun cars, make sure you buy a 5 speed ;) You'll finally have that torque you've been missing out on with the SHO but will be trading off the rev capability of the Yamaha engine. Since you are used to working on the SHO, the SC won't be that bad. Are you planning on getting rid of one of the SHOs when you pick up the SC?

Boat
06-11-2012, 09:42 PM
Thanks, man! I think I remember your name from the SHO Forum. I bet your 95 LX will ride really nice after you get that gen 4 slo frame under your LX.

If I get a SC, I am looking at a 5 speed. I might have a line on a really nice one.

The goal is to sell the red 94 SHO. I have a guy who seems pretty set on buying it. Just waiting for cash in my hand, that he says is coming.

Those are some HOT SHOs you got there boat! I'm not sure if you have seen me on shoforum or at Carlisle, my username and plate is "NO SHO" I enjoy my '95 LX, planning on doing an MTX swap and ZF rack when I install the '02 subframe I have. :D I have Tokicos/Eibachs on mine with 24/26 bars and Ingalls front strut rods along with tubular rear control arms. I also have a 94 ATX parts car from "sho son" on shoforum.

The SCs are very fun cars, make sure you buy a 5 speed ;) You'll finally have that torque you've been missing out on with the SHO but will be trading off the rev capability of the Yamaha engine. Since you are used to working on the SHO, the SC won't be that bad. Are you planning on getting rid of one of the SHOs when you pick up the SC?