New intake.

vaprobe87

New intake on the Super Coupe. I plan on trying to fab up a insulator and a way to get some cool air it my next day off. The supercharger whine is alot louder now and sounds great.

IMAG0896.jpg

I like the red too. I was thinking about cleaning up the intercooler pipes and painting the "SUPERCHARGED" letters and the ribs on the pipes red but i dont know if that would be too much red under the hood.

I chose the red one since the interior is red on mine.

Is it worth it to replace the stock intercooler piping with regular hardpipes and a front mount on a stock car? Ive heard that the stock intercooler doesnt lower the intake temps enough on modified cars. I may change the pullies and some other stuff later but besides the intake my car is stock for now.

Is it worth it to replace the stock intercooler piping with regular hardpipes and a front mount on a stock car? Ive heard that the stock intercooler doesnt lower the intake temps enough on modified cars. I may change the pullies and some other stuff later but besides the intake my car is stock for now.

I think it probably is. Definitely if you're going to OD the supercharger. An easier fix is to add an IC fan to the stock unit...just depends on what your goals are for the car.

Silly question here, but is that $40 for the intake tube with air filter and also colored silicon hose connectors? :)

Not a silly question at all. It came with the intake tube, filter, the two silicone connectors, the red vac. line, and all the hose clamps.

I left the lower half of the factory air box when I installed mine. I have a few other pieces of intake piping left over from when I built a hard pipe kit for my turbo Ford Probe. I am going to use those to go from the bottom of the factory air box down to the stock fog light hole in the bumper.

I figure that should help funnel some cool air up to the intake without as much risk of sucking up water that you have when you put the filter all the way down there. I plan to drill a few holes in the bottom of the pipe to help drain out any water that happens to make its way into it when it rains.

Here is the hard pipe kit I built for my Probe. I am thinking of doing something similar with the Super Coup but using a intercooler with the inlet and outlet on the same side. I figure it would be easier than trying to loop the pipe all the way around to the passenger side like you would have to for a regular style intercooler. What would be the best size piping to use for the SC? I was thinking either 2.75 or 3 inch.

32127680017_large.jpg

32127680018_large.jpg

32127680014_large.jpg

That's a good looking probe Vaprobe87 you are making me miss my old '89 PGT. Do you know Ademan over on Probetalk? He's also in VA and a good friend of mine. I have a few probe parts left over from my '89 PGT hit me up if you are looking for any parts.

vaprobe87 - I never cared much for the 90-92 Probe GT, yours is pretty nice. I've had 3 '89 PGTs and would like to buy another someday and do a FE3 swap on it. They are such great cars! CAI are so nice on the SCs, love the blower whine! :D

Boostin89SC - Do you have any specific '89 PGT parts?

I also try to install a pipe exactly the same on my 5.0, but not as it pleased me very hot (even more than the OEM rubber tube) and after walking some time in the car performance is decreased by the heat of the tube.

Back