ircm bypass question.

flynbrd

This summer I'm determined to end my overheating issues. I believe most of my overheating issues came from the ircm. The fans were not drawing full power through the system to sufficiently cool the car. So I'm installing external relays attached to the case. The case is currently apart and to draw the trigger voltage for the relay I can solder a wire to pin 17.(only going to run the high side for now. The return voltage is going to pin 24. Can I also use pin 17 for a second relay to drive my pusher fan for the a/c condenser? I would run the voltage to ground but I'm concerned that this may effect the system. Using this chart for reference.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28674&d=1191462325

Are you saying you're only concerned with the high side power?
I guess if it was me, I would be inclined to trigger the new relay(s) from the low side trigger just cause the temp is lower. You could use the high side to trigger a relay for the pusher, but I would either run a fused hot for the load side of the new relays or tie in to that B/O into the IRCM.
Are you planning on leaving the existing circuits complete? Cause if that's the case, you may need to do some diode isolation. Particularly if you are going to trigger the high side of the fan motor at the low side temp.
Just my two cents

Back