PDA

View Full Version : bad spark wires cables

manuelaguilar1
06-05-2012, 02:12 AM
hi, guys
!!!what is the symptoms of a bed spark wires in my 94' 5 speed sc because when i give a full throttle the car responde bad like lost cut power or like need more gas after that the check engine came out :( WHY????
if u can help me with any coments thanks::D

Michael Mattix
06-05-2012, 06:51 AM
It could be bad spark plugs OR wires. The symptom I was getting on my 95 5speed was it was cutting in and out closer to full throttle. Hope that helps.

scskydivin
06-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Same thing here. Engine cutting out at full throttle. It wound up being a broken spark plug. Time to pull em all and have a look.

scskydivin
06-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Link to the thread .......http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124832

BirdofPrey97
06-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Get some auto lite 103 regular copper plugs and depending on your boost level you may want to go to .35 gap instead of the stock .45 gap.

manuelaguilar1
06-05-2012, 11:39 AM
ok guys thank you for you coments im going to change the wires what brand you recomend to buy im looking for MAGNECOR this is "good" quality if so what size because they have three sizes :confused:

Electrosports-80 8mm cable, part number~~~ 60138~~~ - $93.00
KV85 8.5mm cable, part number~~~ 65138~~~ - $144.00
R-100 10mm cable, part number~~~ 69138~~~ - $193.00

and for the spark plugs what brand is better ?? thank you :)

RalphP
06-05-2012, 12:13 PM
ok guys thank you for you coments im going to change the wires what brand you recomend to buy im looking for MAGNECOR this is "good" quality if so what size because they have three sizes :confused:

Electrosports-80 8mm cable, part number~~~ 60138~~~ - $93.00
KV85 8.5mm cable, part number~~~ 65138~~~ - $144.00
R-100 10mm cable, part number~~~ 69138~~~ - $193.00

and for the spark plugs what brand is better ?? thank you :)

For the plugs, I think this message (right about your post) answers that:

Get some auto lite 103 regular copper plugs and depending on your boost level you may want to go to .35 gap instead of the stock .45 gap.

As to wires - there's several suggestions that search will find. DO consider that the factory wires have held up this long ...

I put ACDelco on the Malibu (replaced factory at about 300,000 miles) and Autolite on the Cougar (replaced factory at about 20 years).

RwP

manuelaguilar1
06-05-2012, 12:16 PM
you right thank lol i saw the coment :)

DrFishbone
06-05-2012, 12:52 PM
hi, guys
!!!what is the symptoms of a bed spark wires in my 94' 5 speed sc because when i give a full throttle the car responde bad like lost cut power or like need more gas after that the check engine came out :( WHY????
if u can help me with any coments thanks::D

If I were you, I would see what that check engine light is trying to tell you before buying anything. You can take the car to any auto parts store and they can check for you (for free), or you can buy one and do it yourself.

It's probably a simple problem and fix, but if the car is trying to tell you something, you might save a good deal of time and money... :cool:

Michael Mattix
06-05-2012, 03:49 PM
I had the magnecor wires for about 5 years and either they or my sparkplugs went bad. Wish I knew which ones went bad to tell you, but I replaced them with Taylor wires (blue) and double platinums from Advance auto as a suitable substitute. Btw, the taylors were a little bit cheaper than the magnecor wire set. As far as the spark plugs go, I've heard that double platinums just make the plugs last longer and I'm not a huge fan of changing plugs when I don't need to. :D

RalphP
06-05-2012, 06:43 PM
The "double platinums last longer" is a byproduct of Ford using a waste spark system.

Half the cylinders fire with a positive spark, half with a negative spark. The ones with the .. positive? .. will flat eat up an electrode on a single platinum spark plug, the others will eat up the finger up from the shell.

Double platinum at least extends the life some.

RwP

manuelaguilar1
06-05-2012, 10:49 PM
thanks guys i apriciate a lot for yours comments thanks averyone:)

birds
06-06-2012, 05:41 AM
manuelaguilar1,

Plugs fixed my problem. I stepped on the skinny pedal; good acceleration for a bit then it felt like the engine surged or shut off and on.

I went with Auto Lite 103's; copper plugs gapped at 40 for troubleshooting purposes. The results were great with the resent looking Taylor wires. I'm cheap so I went with the copper's as apposed to the platinum's for troubleshooting sake. Changing plugs can be time consuming though and I refuse to divulge just how long it took me to replace 6 plugs on my '94 the first time... lets just say that back in the day: 8 would take what, 10 minutes?

... Then I noticed belt slippage... You will hear the squeal of the belt or chatter of the belt tensioner. I've got new tensioner springs and belts waiting to go on.
Not sure if I will go with copper or double platinum this time around

DrFishbone, as well as the others; offer sage advice.

Regards, Paul

manuelaguilar1
06-06-2012, 11:53 PM
thanks paul