Cam or Crank sensor going bad or something else...

AB's91SC

Hey guys, so I have an issue with my 90 SC. A while back it had this issue that the rpm gauge will drop to zero on the highway and it would cause this bucking senario. Once in awhile when I was at a light it would die and it would take a good three minutes of cranking to start and after that it would run fine. So searching through the threads here I found it could be the cam sensor or the DIS module. I have now changed the cam sensor and my bucking is halfway gone, so to speak. It now seems to jerk and I haven't seen the rpm gauge go to zero. The jerking seems to go for about a good three to five miles on the highway. So now I am stumped as to what it could be. Could the DIS still be bad or the crank sensor? Any thoughts are appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

DIS is probably bad. If it runs fine when cold, but after it starts to warm up runs rough odds are the DIS is running fine when it's cold, but after getting warm from operation and engine heat it will start fowling out.

Use heat sink compound from Radio Shack cpus for the basis on the bottom of the new DIS. Thin layer.

Back