Binary Editor 2012 error message

Tedor

When I start the BE 2012 I get the following message:

"Error 84: Gauge Setting Get
There was an error getting the gauge settings from the XML file. See the details for more information."

I click on details....

"The arithmetic operation caused the spill."

When I click OK the same message comes up again and after I press OK again it won't show up until next start up. I have never used the program before but to me it seems like it's working okey. Have yet to register the BE. Afraid if it won't work to 100% beacuse of this message.

Any thoughts? Could it be my computer? It makes the recommended system requirements with ease.

Thanks

Thanks! Can allways count with a good answer from you.

I have version 17.2 so at least my program is up to date (maybe not me haha:D)

Also having problem register, the register button never lights up, strange I think...

The register button only becomes available, (active, not grey, whatever) after a legitimate reg code has been entered. I had the same issue even after the code was entered, but the code I had was for the wrong BE. I did a Team viewer remote session with Clint and he had me up and running in about three minutes. But that was the root issue.

Yes I think that to, I have tried many different combinations. So it have to be that I got the wrong code from cliff...

I love the wording in those error messages...:rolleyes:

Getting a code that doesn't work is not uncommon.... Well, at least in my experience. :eek:. Make sure you choose the right computer code when you request registration for your strategy file!

I still haven't got mine QH to register after repeated attempts.:confused:

I won't need it for another couple of mths so I quess I'll just wait it out and make the call to Clint.

Paul

You guys were right, I got the wrong code. Now Im registred, just gotta find out where to get those Strategy files...

Sometimes BE doesn't work on the first installation. I had to install it 3 times before everything worked correctly.

Once it is installed, be sure you are entering your information correctly. The machine code you send to Clint is dependent on your information that you enter. After you get your registration code back, if you change your name or spell it differently, etc., then it won't work. The registration code can't really be "wrong" if you always input the same information.

The strategy file comes from me and I have to issue you another registration code. Most likely you already purchased it, but if you didn't then you need to email me with your strategy code.

Cliff told me that my windows have to be in English for the error message to go away.

I have sent the code to you on email Dave.

Thanks
/Fredrik

I have entered the codes, can I reinstall BE 2012 and just type in the same codes? Without having to buy a new software license??

Last edited:
I have entered the codes, can I reinstall BE 2012 and just type in the same codes? Without having to buy a new software license??

Yes. just make sure you have them written down somewhere so you don't lose them.

Not just the codes but the exact spelling and case (upper vs lower) of the text you entered into the various registration boxes. The text you enter, plus the machine code is used to generate the keys. Enter the information incorrectly in the future and the keys won't work.

Thank you guys!

I changed my PC languge to English (USA) and reinstalled BE 2012 so now at least I dont get the error massage, just waiting for the strategy code from Dave.

/Fredrik

Back