SC motors in other cars?

schwalbe

So I was wondering what all have these motors been used in or other parts from these cars?

I was kinda looking for a mid 90s ranger with a blown motor. I got an extra sc motor, few super chargers and what not. Think it'd be a good idea or bad idea to put one in it? Granted, it'd be used out in the mud. So Im not sure how the super charger would handle it? Well just tossing the idea out there see what people think.

I think it would really be cool as well:D Id tub the wheel wheels narrow the rear axle and put some real rubber in the rear:D

Ken

My brother wants me to help him put one in his 39 Studebaker coupe----I retire (again) in December so we will see what next year brings.

Now I might have to do this lol now any idea how the wiring would work? That's what scares me..

I would pull the complete harness out of a SC or contact D Dalke, I know he use to have a complete harness. Also I would hook up with the Mustang guys who have done the conversion to a Mustang. They likely have solved a lot of the problems already

Ken

I will be dropping my sc motor into my 95 ranger. Will be using my 4r70w trans too. I've done a sc swap on an na motor its really no big deal as far as tuning goes. They make a 5.0 swap kit for the ragers. Basically just use the 5.0 swap motor mounts and relocate your oil filter and the motor should fit. You will need to take a heat gun to the heater core box and push the plastic case in about an inch for the valve cover to clear the heater box.

Well I was thinking of having a five speed ranger. I may have to look for a ranger now. I was thinking you'd just have to swap the computers. Any other cars besides mustangs? A hot rod would be cool just due to the fact it wouldn't be commen.

My Ideal setup would be a 64 0r 65 Ranchero witha 5 speed and make the car have the appearance of one that you just pulled out of a pasture,except under the hood,it would be spotless.....

I have been considering putting an SC motor in my 1950 merc pickup that I am building. Ron Francis wiring makes a complete harness to drop an sc motor in any car. That way you dont have to mess with old stock wiring but it is a bit pricy though. Ranger would be cool.
Drew

No, unfortunately. When I went to pick up my car, he was showing off the setup and it was really clean. Had a 5-speed, don't remember what tranny exactly.

I know of a guy who had put a 3.8SC into a mid eighties Ranger. But last I talked with he was having wiring troubles, or so he thought.....:rolleyes:

I'm putting one in my '71 Bronco complete with the AOD. Didn't take much to get it to fit, ready for wiring fun now.

Back