HRPT - 5 June. My '95 on the dyno.

95_XR7

Mods are listed on my member page.
To sum it up:

340LPH fuel pump and 60lbs injectors. Adj fuel pressure regulator
Magnuson S-Port, Inlet, DIC with fan. Intake side is all upgraded.
Exhaust is done.

94.81 and 11% humidity
Run 1:
HP: 263.45
TQ: 323

Run 2:
HP: 261.30
TQ: 328.73

I wish it had been higher. :(

-Corey

Attachments

• Dyno Run.pdf
    494.7 KB · Views: 102
Corey,
It looks like the car is running rich. I take it you have a chip or moats...right? Lean it out a bit and it should run better, but still not bad of a run.

Ken

Hey, that's not too bad. You have as 260HP bird now.

Here are my suggestions.

PP Heads
Rowdy CAM
Front Mount Intercooler

I have a double intercooler like you have and while it provides additional room for the air to travel thru it heats soaks just as bad as the OEM. Once those ACTS get high enough it'll start retarding the timing.

Plus you can OD the piss out of your supercharger once you get a better cooling solution.

I've also been told that running e-85 can net some serious increases but might require at least 80# injectors. You could do the 60# but the duty cycle might not be desirable.

How much timing are you running?

Corey,
It looks like the car is running rich. I take it you have a chip or moats...right? Lean it out a bit and it should run better, but still not bad of a run.

Ken

Currently using QH and BE. Unfortunately, don't now the software well enough to remotely tune it. I also wasn't putting too much into the AF for those runs. It's odd but when I first got the chip and tune from Dalke, I had my WB02 hooked up and AF ratio was pretty close to what was being commanded. Whenever I get back stateside I'll have to look into it more.

Hey, that's not too bad. You have as 260HP bird now.

I've also been told that running e-85 can net some serious increases but might require at least 80# injectors. You could do the 60# but the duty cycle might not be desirable.

How much timing are you running?

Off the top of my head, I don't have a clue about timing. I could try and find some past datalogs (1yr ago ish) and see what it was then. Not much has changed. And I agree about mods. The FMIC is currently in the works, and I was about to send an email off to see about heads, cam, and ETA on new supercharger. :)

-Corey

I can't comment on your data.

I think some of your upgrades allow you to have some options.

Bigger valves, port and polish and a more aggressive cam may net 50 hp.

Talk to your local builder and stop by DD on this forum.

He's very famiilar with all staged builds.

Paul

Stock heads and cam....Not bad at all for your combo in my opinion. Better IC and or meth will get you more with stock heads and cam.

You can see clearly in the 2nd pull how quickly timing was being pulled out after 4500rpm. It's just not getting enough cooling of the air charge which is common. Lowering boost through reduced restriction and increasing intercooling is essential to make any more power than that. It may be disappointing, but those are actually very good #'s.

You can see clearly in the 2nd pull how quickly timing was being pulled out after 4500rpm. It's just not getting enough cooling of the air charge which is common. Lowering boost through reduced restriction and increasing intercooling is essential to make any more power than that. It may be disappointing, but those are actually very good #'s.

Appreciate the info David. One thing I'm currently working on is figuring out what the exact route is that I want to take in regards to the IC. Whether it be a custom FMIC, or the MP FMIC. Price is a huge advantage to doing it custom, however, if I go that route I'm gonna experiment with the core to see what the best combination is for pressure drop, cooling capacity, etc as per a few of Fraser's info filled threads.

Heads and a cam to help the engine breathe is another route. Which you'll have an email about as soon as my gmail quits acting up.

Think it's possible to get 300 without doing heads and cam? :p

-Corey

Appreciate the info David. One thing I'm currently working on is figuring out what the exact route is that I want to take in regards to the IC. Whether it be a custom FMIC, or the MP FMIC. Price is a huge advantage to doing it custom, however, if I go that route I'm gonna experiment with the core to see what the best combination is for pressure drop, cooling capacity, etc as per a few of Fraser's info filled threads.

Heads and a cam to help the engine breathe is another route. Which you'll have an email about as soon as my gmail quits acting up.

Think it's possible to get 300 without doing heads and cam? :p

-Corey

Going custom is an advantage if you don't care what it looks like. If you want the chrome tube look then the MPFMIC is the only way to go. Also, on the 95 due to air bag sensors and some other things in the front bumper area, a custom FMIC is not going to be as easy as you might think. There just isn't a lot of room there.

As for IC cores and airflow, it's mostly about size. There isn't much if any difference in flow between the MP and the Ebay versions. It's a lot more about fitment than anything else.

You won't make 300rwhp without heads/cam. For someone like me who does all their own fab work and tuning as well, it might be possible. But the fact that I haven't made a serious effort at it should give you a clue as to the practicality of actually succeeding. I've seen a lot of people get close, but never with an auto, and it would always have been a lot easier on everything (including your wallet) with heads/cam in the mix.

Back