Need some diagnostic help

renello79

So my wouldn't start this morning and I think I know what it is but wanted to try to confirm it. So here it is, fuel pump wouldn't turn on (fuse is good and pump is new),also the seat belts didn't go back like they should have. I think this is the IRCM, am I on the right track with this?

So my wouldn't start this morning and I think I know what it is but wanted to try to confirm it. So here it is, fuel pump wouldn't turn on (fuse is good and pump is new),also the seat belts didn't go back like they should have. I think this is the IRCM, am I on the right track with this?

Both? May be IRCM, but how old is your ignition switch (the actual switch at the bottom of the column)?

RwP

I didn't even consider the inertia switch cause of the seat belts both just stay forward and no fuel pump. I know that the issues are related so what else would cause both to not work?

Ignition switch is my guess.

Don't get the ignition lock cylinder confused with the ignition switch.

So I replaced my ignition switch (not the cylinder), and when I was getting ready to leave work the problem presented itself again. Remembering that there was an exposed wire or two I reached under the dash grabbed the harness and she started so when I got home I ripped it all apart, and isolated any exposed wiring and I replaced a 3 inch section. So far the issue seems resolved, if there's any changes in the situation I will come back for help.

Back