power seat motors!!

v8killr

i'm curious to know if anyone out there has had theres rebuilt or bought them remanufactured,i'm getiing ready to have my seat redone and was going to do something with mine,they are probably like everyone elses in that they are worn out,they move very slowly,any info would be great.
thanks in advance david

all i do is dissasemble them piece by piece and separate the tracks and clean them with sandpaper and re-grease. Kind of a pain, just make sure the motors dont separate from the housing(internals go flying:D)

your taking the motors apart?i might try that and see what happens,i know mine just seem very tired i know the tracks need greased i will clean all that up before i re install everything.

v8killr said:
your taking the motors apart?i might try that and see what happens,i know mine just seem very tired i know the tracks need greased i will clean all that up before i re install everything.

no I leave the motors in one piece, I think I re-oiled them, dont remember. The main problem is the track rusting up and binding, not the motors, eventhough the seats might not move at all. If the motors still humm you might be able to get away without spending a cent:D

I replaced my motors with some I got from a low mileage tbird at the junkyard. Go with the passenger seat, since they get used less. I paid like $5 for the seat frame & motors. Made a big difference on mine.

XR7 Dave,

My passenger seat does not move fore or aft.. at all... I do know of a great parts car.. that may have a really good frame and motor assy...

My Question is how does one move the seat to get access to the nuts and bolts to remove the seat from the floor.. if the seat does not move fore or aft... is it possible to move these seats by some manual means... or is it just wrech it small movements at a time?..

Thanks...

Karl

The motors are direct drive, I don't think there is any way to move the seat without them working.

Back