Pulley swap?

BoRoBomB

I'm posting this for a friend who dosn't have the internet.

Can you swap a smaller pulley on the blower like you can do with a Lightning truck or 2003 Cobra?

You can blow the GH's even without a smaller pulley. I agree that you are speeding up the process by overdriving the blower.

The key to adding an overdrive pulley is to free up some back pressure, usually by adding a better, less restrictive exhaust.

Hard to believe but..

Alot of people may say you need to open up the exhaust, dont let that scare ya, i used to max out at 12.5 psi of boots and after removing the resonator and chopping the mufflers (sounds like an indy car) i list 2.5 psi of boost. what im trying to say it it is fairly easy to drop enough psi to run a smaller pulley. If its a post 93 SC i would just run the 5% as the blowers on 94's and up were more efficient

You have that backwards. 94-95 I would only run 5% pulley as they have the bigger opening in the back. 89-93 I feel it is safe to run the 10% with a good exhaust. I have had one on my car for 10,000 miles with no problems.

Nick

Post refers to after and Pre refers to before. So I would say that you are correct.

I've had a 10% pulley on my car for 21,000 miles with no problems. I have an opened up exhaust with Magnaflow SS mufflers and no resonator.

Bob

Back