400rwhp on 91 octane?

91BLOWNBIRD

does anyone know if it is possible or has anyone ever gotten 400rwhp in their SC using 91 octane gas with no fuel helpers?

does anyone know if it is possible or has anyone ever gotten 400rwhp in their SC using 91 octane gas with no fuel helpers?

Won't happen with a M90. I made 378 with a 1.7 AR with just 91. It could have done more it it had forged pistons.

do you know his cam and head specs? what blower OD?

I'm not sure what the specs were on the cam he used. He had ported heads with 1.94 intake valves but I'm not sure what size exhaust valves. He had some material taken off the surface of the head to bump the compression up too. He made himself a custom jackshaft pulley and was running a total of like 37% or 38% overdrive.

Will Smith made 399 on a MPx with methanol and 25% OD

He made himself a custom jackshaft pulley
and was running a total of like 37% or 38% overdrive.

I find it VERY had to believe with that much OD and he didn't have methanol. With this much OD the car is more of a race car than a street car as the rotor pack won't last very long. There are a few members here who have tried to run 25% OD on a daily driver and had to replace the MPx case due to rotor pack failure.

My 5-speed made 337 on pump gas and a MPx and 15% OD. On a 3.8, 15% OD, and 91 octane you could have a reliable 350 rwhp car with the right parts combination.

I think I am limited to maybe 350rwhp but I am afraid I will need a bigger cam and better head work...

Anyone know what the gains are from MPx to twin screw?

If that can get me closer to 400rwhp then that is in my future

My car did this, with no other changes between the 2 dyno tuning days besides the 1.7 AR and tunes.
337 No methanol / 350 with methanol / 16 psi / MPx / 2008
378 No methanol / 403 with methanol / 19 psi / 1.7 AR / 2010

I will say the car became a completely different animal and it felt like it gained way more than 50 rwhp.

My car did this, with no other changes between the 2 dyno tuning days besides the 1.7 AR and tunes.
337 No methanol / 350 with methanol / 16 psi / MPx / 2008
378 No methanol / 403 with methanol / 19 psi / 1.7 AR / 2010

I will say the car became a completely different animal and it felt like it gained way more than 50 rwhp.

330/330/0psi/ z06/2012

Shoulda kept the turd burd:p

Will Smith made 399 on a MPx with methanol and 25% OD

I find it VERY had to believe with that much OD and he didn't have methanol. With this much OD the car is more of a race car than a street car as the rotor pack won't last very long. There are a few members here who have tried to run 25% OD on a daily driver and had to replace the MPx case due to rotor pack failure.

My 5-speed made 337 on pump gas and a MPx and 15% OD. On a 3.8, 15% OD, and 91 octane you could have a reliable 350 rwhp car with the right parts combination.

I asked him if he was using methanol but he said he wasn't. It has a magnum powers front mount inter-cooler on it which should be sufficient enough. With meth it would probably hit the 400rwhp mark though. It's not a race car, it's a street car. He used to daily drive it but now he has a Gallant he drives. His super coupe pretty much sits outside of his shop and he starts it up every once in a while. I run 30% od on my mpx and I drive it almost everyday. It's lasted me 6 months so far. Heck I even delivered pizza in it for a week when my ranger pickup was in the shop getting fixed. :p

amazing you can get that much out of a MPX, of course the AR got more hp but it is more expensive

amazing you can get that much out of a MPX, of course the AR got more hp but it is more expensive

The MPX is pretty beastly for what it is. I can't imagine what it would be like having an 1.7 AR my car. There are some guys on here making between 420 to 450rwhp with those things! :eek:

The MPX is pretty beastly for what it is. I can't imagine what it would be like having an 1.7 AR my car. There are some guys on here making between 420 to 450rwhp with those things! :eek:

Yep, the little 1.7 is a potent package;)

I gained +135rwhp going from an MP2 with 20% OD, going to the 1.7 AR with alky and a front mount IC. Of course tuning and fuel upgrades were required also.

Last edited:
Won't happen with a M90. I made 378 with a 1.7 AR with just 91. It could have done more it it had forged pistons.

Menke, you also have to take into consideration what dyno they may be useing and the weather/corrections. Some are way more inflated than others. Besides it really doesnt matter what it does on the dyno... I have busted many a 350, 375, 380 hp dyno cars on the track with my little ole 326 rwhp.... :)

I think there is way to much stock put into the whole dyno thing anyway.

Besides it really doesnt matter what it does on the dyno... I have busted many a 350, 375, 380 hp dyno cars on the track with my little ole 326 rwhp.... :)

This man speaks truth :)

Menke, you also have to take into consideration what dyno they may be useing and the weather/corrections. Some are way more inflated than others. Besides it really doesnt matter what it does on the dyno... I have busted many a 350, 375, 380 hp dyno cars on the track with my little ole 326 rwhp.... :)

Haha I agree man. My buddy did run his car at the track once and ran a 12.6 @ 113mph on street tires. 389rwhp sounds about right judging by the trap speed.

Haha I agree man. My buddy did run his car at the track once and ran a 12.6 @ 113mph on street tires. 389rwhp sounds about right judging by the trap speed.
Again, it depends on the car and dyno. To me, that sounds like a lot of power isn't working well at the track. I've never dyno'd more than 367 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno, yet my best times for my 4000+ lb car are in my signature. Sure, I'd like to be able to say 4XX rwhp, but I'm happy with my 11.5 :)

I have to agree with the group here. I dyno'd 316 RWHP on two different dynos and yet turn 12.47 at 109. Dyno's are for numerical bragging rights. The drag strip and the seat o the pants dyno are much more informative.
Alan

Back