damn idiot owners !#@!#@!$#@!#

turbospeed

i took my car to a routine brake check today , because my front wheels easily lock up and my rears barely break.
and when they checked the master cylinder they found it was a non abs normal brake setup!!! wtf?
i asked the shop owner if they could have changed the abs fo a non abs system and he said no i looks factory wtf

i tried to explain him all SC's came with abs and he said no ; my manual says abs and non abs ,they dont mention sc or lx.:( and they want to replace with another non abs master cyl. because nothing of the original brakes is there....

Then they checked the master cilinder and found only 3 of the 4 brakes lines are connected..... i think th previous owner just disconected abs system/abs light because it doesnt come on when you turn on the key.......

i hate the previous owner of the car....and now i cant sell it because it costed me 2400 i got 400dlls in it an no one is gonna give 2800dlls for the car i hate him!!!1

sorry for the rant

btw does any one has the original brake diagram fo the 90 sc?

Last edited:
I understand your desire to vent, but the lack of punctuation makes your post a bit difficult to understand. :(

Oh contraire... If you play your cards right, you should be able to pick up a used HCU (Hydraulic Control Unit) which is the heart of the entire braki,ng system from a junked SC for couple hundred..

Buy/borrow a digital camera, take some pics and post them here and maybe we can guide you. I mean, you are correct in that they were all, every single one of them, equipped with an ABS. However, the 94 and up have a non-ABS looking setup with a older style master cylinder, vaccuum assist housing. By just looking at those, you wouldn't be able to tell if it had ABS or not.

We need to know what year model :)

I hope you bought the car for a song. You should have done your homework here first and then went and looked for a SC. This could be a real big mess, and it wont be cheap to fix if you have to take it to a good shop. I can't imagine the ss brake lines matching up to a regular master cylinder. I bet everything is messed up now.

if you are mechanically inclined:
The best bet would be to find a SC or LX t-bird/Cougar from 89-92 with ABS. Take the ABS/master cylinder unit out and all ss lines you need to hook it back up. I would also try and pickup abs speed sensors, abs module, and anything else you think you might need as most pick your own junkyards will charge next to nothing for that stuff.

good luck

i totally regret getting this SC
untillas week it was all happiness .....today it broke a damn mount
and i will soon need motor mounts the brakes thing the car has bad harsh ride even when the suspension is in soft.,... i need suspension bushings.,....a rear speaker blew last night ....wil soon need ball joints......
the passenger window started to move slower....i have starte to have problem shifting 1-2 i think iwill at least spend 500 dlls in parts.
.i guess i must start to learn how todo as much things as i can....or i wont ever be able to fix the car

Last edited:
turbospeed said:
i totally regret getting this SC
untillas week it was all happiness .....today it broke a damn mount
and i will soon need motor mounts the brakes thing the car has bad harsh ride even when the suspension is in soft.,... i need suspension bushings.,....a rear speaker blew last night ....wil soon need ball joints......
the passenger window started to move slower....i have starte to have problem shifting 1-2 i think iwill at least spend 500 dlls in parts.
.i guess i must start to learn how todo as much things as i can....or i wont ever be able to fix the car

Don't feel too bad about the car. All those are normal things to go wrong at about the 10 year mark. I bought mine expecting all that. So far I've swapped upper/lower ball joints, motor mount, all belts and hoses. Also new tranny fluid. When you've done the motor mount and tranny fluid it WILL shift a LOT nicer. Night and day. Get that fluid in there! SO much nicer. Expect anything rubber to go bad and swap as you can, before it fails. Tranny mount, diff fluid (with LSD additive, don't forget), diff mount, front end bushing kit etc. Get your brake lines checked in all this. Try to look ahead and have your repairs grouped to save in labor in the long run. I've got a really good mechanic/shop owner that's working closely with me. He knows we're doing a lot and he's giving me really good breaks on the labor. He knows I'm coming back since we discuss the next round of repairs, so he doesn't have to make a ton of money on one set of repairs.

On the ABS, if they can get the brakes working right, I wouldn't worry about ABS. It is a very good and transparent system on the SC's, but it isn't a must have (IMO). Most of the cars I've had didn't have it and I never missed it. On my '99 Amigo (4WD) I have the fuse pulled. Isuzu has a horrific ABS system. It does great w/o it. People and cars made it for decades without ABS, just get your brakes working for now and put the savings into other areas for now. Come back to this if you need to later.

Hang in there, don't get discouraged. Make a plan and list what you need to do in the long run and try to group your repairs.

HTH

Back