vogtland 1.6" very soft

Tedor

Recently installed a set of vogtland 1.6" drop springs and shorter sway bar end links. After a few miles I noticed the car was lower in the rear(think i noticed it just after putting them on) then in the front, the fender to tire gap was less, I could only get in like 1 - 2 fingers between. When I push down on the rear of the car it's really soft, much softer then the front.

Now I run stock wheels, plan is to replace them and get ones with less ET but now they would rubb pretty bad.

Have anyone experienced this with the vogtlands? Im now thinking of running the vogtlands up front but cut the stock ones and put them on the rear beacuse the stock springs are harder.

thanks

Did you replace the rubber spring isolators on the rear springs or possibly forget them? What shocks are you using and how old are they.

They are there and I did not replace them. The shocks are stock I belive so they have to be 20years old. With just one light passanger(70kg) in the rear seat of the car the tire and fender are even, and with one heavy you(105kg) cant se the top of the tire. It should be 1.6" drop but on my car it drops more like 3" beacuse they are so much softer then the stock ones.

I se you running the same setup as me, how do you belive the front vs the rear is when pushing down with your hands? I still want to keep the adjustable suspension.

Thank you

Last edited:
When you install the springs, there is an orientation to them so that the end of the spring fits into a pocket in the pad it sits on. If the spring is not properly situated into that pocket, it will be like adding lift block into the spring.

vogtland springs are a progressive spring and because of that can feel less firm initially. I found them to be fine. That soft feel though is what causes some folks to search for a linear spring rather than progressive rate. shox.com has Suspension Techniques springs (listing says not for SC, but they work fine) that are a linear rate spring which pleased some folks.

If you feel a lot of float, that is more from the shocks than the springs. As the shocks age, and by now those shocks are very old, the internal seals break down reducing the effective dampening of the shock. Some folks will just flip the firm ride switch on and leave it in firm all the time to get some more life out of the shocks.

Last edited:
In my case it have nothing to do with the shocks. It's easy to install them right easier then the front. I just think they are to soft for me, going to run 18" rims so I going to have the same diameter as the stock wheel.

thanks

Back