PDA

View Full Version : rear caliper?parking brake assembly

spetz01
06-18-2012, 08:44 PM
I did a quick search, got mad, this is easier ;)

My rear caliper fell apart the other day while driving, maybe 2000 km's on it.

Anyway, trying to take it out, I can't seem to get the parking brake assembly out of the caliper. I'm missing something? I can get it out maybe 3/4 of an inch or so.

Any ideas?

Thanks. PS, its a 90.

TbirdSCFan
06-19-2012, 12:36 AM
be sure the cable is loosened by unclamping the adjuster which sits above the diff. that should give you enough slack to then pull the cable out of the clamp at the caliper. you will probably need penetrating oil and you'll need to twist it around to break the rust loose.

spetz01
06-19-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm an idiot. Got it figured out when I saw the new caliper in the box. I thought I had to salvage the bracket from the caliper...You don't ;)

TbirdSCFan
06-20-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm an idiot. Got it figured out when I saw the new caliper in the box. Thats how we all learn so join the crowd. But.. after enough learning, you graduate from idiot to guru. :cool:

ALS35
06-20-2012, 01:22 PM
I always look at the new stuff before taking anything apart. It helps to prevent you from walking to the parts store after disabling your ride and finding out that the guy packing your parts in the box left out the widget you need. This will also help speed you to graduation:D
Alan