lets talk meth/alky kit

cas23

so i have had my kit and im finally going to put it on. i hav e the holes drilled in the tubes for them. but i was wondering where everyone mounts everything... like controller, bottle, what people use for a line, stuff like that.

please post pictures!

Did you get a snow kit?

I have the 7 qt bottle from Snow mounted in the trunk along with the pump. Nozzle is tapped in intake tube just before the IAT sensor. I use the nylon line that comes with the snow kits. Anti siphon solenoid is attached to the passenger side wiper cowl and the controller is on the inner fender next to the air filter.

I too have the 7 qt bottle in the trunk with the pump. Mounted the nozzle about 1/2 way between my IAC and Intercooler outlet. Mounted the controller in the center console on the front panel of the armrest box thingy.

Solenoid is mounted in the pass fender, and I too used the red hose from Snow, but recently used some clear of the same quality from Lowes when I moved the bottle and pump to the trunk.

Smitty

Did you get a snow kit?

I have the 7 qt bottle from Snow mounted in the trunk along with the pump. Nozzle is tapped in intake tube just before the IAT sensor. I use the nylon line that comes with the snow kits. Anti siphon solenoid is attached to the passenger side wiper cowl and the controller is on the inner fender next to the air filter.

yeah i got the stage 2 kit from DD.. extra noid and the dual nozzle setup. i dont have a big bottle. i just have what the kit came with. have you had trouble with the macro line it comes with? i got told to use braided line cause the methenal will eat through the macro line. i was going to mount my controller there for easy changes.

I use the factory washer fluid bottle since it has a low level warning in it already, and the pump is mounted on the bottom radiator bracket where the stock IC used to be. I used the standard red line from Snow with no problems. Get the anti siphon solenoid as close to the nozzles as possible mine is only 3 inches away from both nozzles.

Absolutely no problems with the nylon line. I've had my kit for a looooonnngg time now. Just ruff up the edges of the line where you cut it if you use a razor blade. If not it could cut the oring in the fitting and muff the seal.

what air temps.. how much did your guy's go down.. and how many tenths did you pick up... how much more timing could you run, etc etc.

My IATs are about 135 at the end of the 1/4.:D with a 625ml nozzle and a NPR IC at 24psi starting at 100* IAT. I run race gas too. I figure without the meth it would hit 175 at the end of track.

Attachments

• 20120619_195355.jpg
    20120619_195355.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 20120619_195441.jpg
    20120619_195441.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 317
  • 20120619_195451.jpg
    20120619_195451.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 347
  • 20120619_195511.jpg
    20120619_195511.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 270
My IATs are about 135 at the end of the 1/4.:D with a 625ml nozzle and a NPR IC at 24psi starting at 100* IAT. I run race gas too. I figure without the meth it would hit 175 at the end of track.

you put your box exactly where i want to put mine, i never got my binary editor to work right to datalog runs to know where my intake temp is.. im gonna try and hold off til winter to get a bigger resivor(sp), i want to run 25% on this blower (mpx) sometime here soon after i do an exhaust. i knocked rear y pipe off it doing a burnout infront of a guys house that is going to do my exhaust :D

whats the reason you arent running a dual nozzle?

I used to have a nozzle before the blower too when I had a MP3. Just haven't got around to doing a dual nozzle and my system aint broke so don't really need to fix it. Dave likes the smaller nozzles for better atomization.

ohhh ok. thanks for all this info! how long did it take you to get your stuff in.. and did you have enough line to do the whole car?

I run dual 225mL nozzles, 1 before the IAT sensor and 1 about 2 inches from the entrance to the intake manifold on the return plenum. My intake temps rarely hit ambient at the end of a run, but I only run 18lbs of boost.

Non of it is hard to install. I think you have to get the extra line from the stock kit, but I'm not sure. I would guess I used about 15ft.

please post pictures!

You got it! :) I'm running a completely different engine, but this may give you some ideas. This is a Snow Stage 2 MAF-based system with a non-intercooled 2.1L KB on a 5.0L stroker 4V.

The 2.5 gallon reservoir and controller mounted in the trunk:
P1110057.jpg

The pump, normally hidden from sight beneath the subs:
pump.jpg

The SafeInjection system and solenoid upgrade hidden in the air filter box:
safejection.jpg

My indicator LED's mounted in the under-cowl gauge panel. The green LED illuminates whenever the system is operating. If SafeInjection sees an error, it will turn off the green LED, illuminate the red LED, and retard ignition timing by six degrees. If the fluid level is low in the reservoir, it will illuminate the red LED.
warninglights.jpg

The nozzle is installed in the inlet plenum (it's the silver fitting near the throttle cable mount).
P1110830.jpg

I have had mine for 7 years now I do find the red hose will leak a little with there fittings so I got some better ones now not leak ( I think snow upgraded the fittings from what I had)

I use one 425 jet if I rember right I have had no problems with the kit at all.

Back