PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Shootout!!

Quik95SC
06-21-2012, 03:43 PM
OK folks this is as close as a it may ever get for you to attend a shootout.

I have been to the last 7 and would not miss them for almost anything! A lot of great people to meet, cars to see and fun will be had, the only question is will you be there to take it all in??

Even if your SC is not in "showroom condition" you really owe it to yourselves to come and see what amazing things can be done to these cars.

The folks that put this shootout together are truly some of the most amazing people you will ever meet and the food, conversation, stories and other "things" will not want to be missed.

The track if a great place to run a best time if you are into that, if not enjoy the car show, not sure about any dyno competition this year, we will have to see.

Make your plans, get the time off work, save your money and get to KY for the 10th annual Shootout, you won't regret it. it on the weekend anyway, might need of Friday & Monday for some travel time depending on how far you have to drive back to be safe.

Let start a roll call for who is planning on attending this year and I will try and keep this first post updated. I'll Start it off.

Screen Name..........................Real Name.........................................YMMC of Car............................................... .................ET/ Dyno #s

Quik95SC ........................James & Dawn Smith..........................1995 Auto SC Orange Crush........................12.158 @ 108MPH Dyno #'s 355 RWHP, 391 TQ
Sc4u2nv ........................Joe and Heather Bessard ...............................94 sc
Davec73............................David Clark.........................................1992 5 speed sc
DrFishbone................Matt, Danielle, & Nathaniel Haub........... ...........1989 SC Black
Renello79..........................Steve Renello......................................... 89 sc 5spd
Mike Puckett.....................Mike Puckett..........................................9 0 SC 5 Speed
R429460 ...........................Rick Pingol .......................................'95 Cougar4.6 N/A
Jeff Bratton.......................Jeff Bratton..................................1989 SC Auto Black/Maroon
IkeyM .............................Ikey Maynard................................. 1993 SC 5sp Ultra Red
specops_sc.......................Moses Torres.... .................................91 5spd SC
XR7Kurt...........................Kurt Bargiel......................................1989 Cougar XR7(5.0)

See you all there!!

Smitty

sc4u2nv
06-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Sc4u2nv Joe and Heather Bessard 94 sc

davec73
06-21-2012, 11:22 PM
David Clark Davec73 1992 5 speed sc

DrFishbone
06-21-2012, 11:59 PM
DrFishbone..........................Matt, Danielle, & Nathaniel Haub................................ 1989 SC Black w/Silver Trunklid...YO!

renello79
06-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Renello79–––––Steve Renello / 89 sc 5spd
not for sure yet but I have every intention of going.

Mike Puckett
06-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Since I'm not racing for points this year I'm going to try to attend. It'll be my first shootout since 2003.

Quik95SC
06-22-2012, 08:33 AM
I had originally meant this thread for the SE SCCOA Chapter, but keep them coming and I will had them all.

Lets not stop now!!

Smitty

davec73
06-22-2012, 08:52 AM
lol im only a couple hours from you but being in Illinois wees still yankees

Quik95SC
06-22-2012, 11:33 AM

It's no big deal, It may actually work out better this way. perhps we can get some caravans going and ride down the road together.

Hey, I may have a great condition Keyless entry pad for you Dave, I will look tonight and see if it is still in great shape. I don't need it since the outside bezel on mine is oainted the same color as the car, so i don't need it now.

Smitty

DrFishbone
06-22-2012, 12:02 PM

Hey Dave, looks like you might be driving right through my area! When the time gets closer let me know and maybe we can join the caravan...even if it is only two cars. :cool::o

DrFishbone
06-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Actually, Jeff Bratton will be going too...so maybe make that three cars! :D

r429460
06-23-2012, 05:28 PM
R429460 Rick Pingol '95 Cougar4.6 N/A

Quik95SC
06-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Is this all the SE Chapter can put together for our 10th Shootout? Thought we would have more interest escpecially since this is the closest shootout to the SE we have ever had.

Come on folks anti up and get your SC/Cougar ready to go. Like I said it doesn't have to be showroom perfect, just so long as you are safe and get here, it will be worth it, I can assure you of that.

Smitty

Mike Puckett
06-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Actually, there are 3 of us who are planning on coming. I'm the only one here in the Atlanta area that races an SC. I'll try to see if I can get some more interested in coming.

Quik95SC
06-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Actually, there are 3 of us who are planning on coming. I'm the only one here in the Atlanta area that races an SC. I'll try to see if I can get some more interested in coming.

Mike,
That is great, see if you/we can get them to post up with the same info the others have so we can keep a rolling tally of people that are going to make this a great shootout.

Look forward to seeing you mike, take care!

Smitty

Quik95SC
06-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Actually, Jeff Bratton will be going too...so maybe make that three cars! :D

Matt,
I don't know Jeff's info to post up for him, if you know it or he wouldn't mind sharing, that would be great so I can update. If no car I will put them down as Spectator, no big deal.

That goes for anyone not bringing an T-Bird/XR7 or any vehcile, post up screen name and Real name, then I will add you as a spectator on the right under YMMC.

Smitty

DrFishbone
06-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Jeff doesn't race, but he doesn't miss a show. :)

Jeff Bratton......Jeff Bratton.......1989 SC Auto Black/Maroon

He might be bringing some family....I'm not sure.

Jeff Bratton
06-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks Matt for posting up my info.

Yep, not racing but been attending since 07' and will not miss the 10th anniv. of the SC Shootout. Thanks for placing my info up Smitty, preciate it! ;).

Looking forward to this!!!

Quik95SC
07-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks Matt for posting up my info.

Yep, not racing but been attending since 07' and will not miss the 10th anniv. of the SC Shootout. Thanks for placing my info up Smitty, preciate it! ;).

Looking forward to this!!!

No problem Jeff.

I was just up in Lousiville last Tuesday going through the UPS hub on a tour. Wow what an amazing place! Incredible how everything is corrdinated to get packages in and out so quickly and efficiently.

Look forward to seeing you at the Shootout. Take Care,

Smitty

Mike Puckett
07-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Smitty, did they show you the box crusher at UPS? :D

r429460
07-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Isn't the box crusher next to the fragile package shaker.

Quik95SC
07-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Smitty, did they show you the box crusher at UPS? :D

Just the good areas! No crushing going on there. It is really hard for them to mess up a box in this facility cause it only gets touched twice, once out of the conatiner off the plane and once back in the containder and back on the plane. Larger items, tires, telescopes, golf clubs, get touched 4 times they require special handling

IkeyM
07-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Put me in there as well if nothin happens i will join the caravan.

IkeyM Ikey Maynard 1993 SC 5sp Ultra Red

David Neibert
07-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Make your plans, get the time off work, save your money and get to KY for the 10th annual Shootout, you won't regret it. it on the weekend anyway, might need of Friday & Sunday for some travel to be safe.

Smitty,

Friday & Monday are the normal travel days. Sunday is race day. Looking forward to seeing all you guys there.

David

Quik95SC
07-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Smitty,

Friday & Monday are the normal travel days. Sunday is race day. Looking forward to seeing all you guys there.

David

Correction has been made David,
Thanks
Smitty

Quik95SC
07-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Is this it from the SE area?

Hoping we get some more folks to go this year, it is the closest it has ever been to the SE and may not get this close again.

Clay City is a great track with lots of Speed and Grip. Hotel has a great breakfast and snacks at night! Can't beat it for the price. Lets make a good showing Southeast Chapter! We can do better than this.

Time to step up and bring all these rust free SC's out to KY.

Lets make it happen!!

Smitty

Quik95SC
07-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Yep I am calling people out from TN, This years shootout is very close and you will not be dissappointed if you show up, so here it goes!

David Taylor
Kurt Bargiel
Barry Collins
Julian McMeans
Mike Keethler
Taylor Emmet
Steve Bell
Gary Jones
Jeff Hinkle
Richard Bundy
Don Klitzke
Aaron Brown
Brad Rogers
Scott Graham
Paul Meadows
Scott Smith
Randall Morse
Fred Gottmeier

Where will you be for this years shootout? Hopefully in Clay City, KY

Smitty

specops_SC
07-14-2012, 10:04 AM
specops_sc... Moses Torres.... 91 5spd SC. might be black, or a diff color. going to paint soon ;)

the car might not make it to the shootout lol but im def gonna try to make it. leaving from clarksville sometime friday not sure when yet.

atm im in afghanistan but i shouuuld be back in time for the show. paul meadows is a buddy of mine. not sure of his plans but ima see if i can drag him along as well.

Quik95SC
07-17-2012, 02:53 PM
specops_sc... Moses Torres.... 91 5spd SC. might be black, or a diff color. going to paint soon ;)

the car might not make it to the shootout lol but im def gonna try to make it. leaving from clarksville sometime friday not sure when yet.

atm im in afghanistan but i shouuuld be back in time for the show. paul meadows is a buddy of mine. not sure of his plans but ima see if i can drag him along as well.

Moses,
I am here in Clarksville as well and would be willing to help out to get your car ready before you get back, so it wouldn't be so hard to go. Just let me know and I can send you contact info.

Smitty

specops_SC
07-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Moses,
I am here in Clarksville as well and would be willing to help out to get your car ready before you get back, so it wouldn't be so hard to go. Just let me know and I can send you contact info.

Smitty

Hey Smitty thanks for the offer but unfortunately, my car is actually almost two hours south in Shelbyville :o

I'll let u know wats up when I find out more tho. I'll hit you up when im back tho. If anything we can caravan up there :D

Moses

hawgy
07-21-2012, 09:01 AM
hey im from southeast Ga. but im working in chattanooga Tn so when is it i may be able to come.

Mike Puckett
07-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Here's a link to the post with all the details.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125875

XR7Kurt
08-30-2012, 08:25 AM
I plan to be there, really missed not going last year after making it the previous 2 years.

Quik95SC
08-30-2012, 04:29 PM
I plan to be there, really missed not going last year after making it the previous 2 years.

Well great add 1 more to the list. Post your info like the first page has and I will add you to the list on Post 1.

That goes for anyone else who is planning on attending as well. Post up now, so you can be counted. Thought we would have a larger turn out than this. Maybe just some late registration will happen.

If you aren't registered yet please do so as quickly as you can so they can get a good count on the number of people showing up.

Look forward to seeing everyone again. Maybe we can have quick hello meeting sometime over that weekend to introduce ourselves and put a face with a name, so we know who the folks from the Southeast Region are.

Quik95SC
08-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Just wanted to throw out some info so folks can see if there is someone they might be able to convoy up to the shootout with.

I will be leaving Friday morning around 7:00 am hopefully, from Clarksville, TN. Anyone that wants to ride up together let me know and we will see what we can do to make that happen. Also we can then see who from close to you is heading out the same time roughly and hook up with someone to ride up with.

It is very cool to see a nice line of SC's/ Cougars (trailered or not) rolling up to the hotel or caravaning down the highway together. It is certainly something you don't see everyday.

Besides, safety in number and help along the way is always a nice thing.

Post away!

Smitty

Mike Puckett
08-30-2012, 05:49 PM
I was planning on leaving the Atlanta area mid morningish on Fri. I'm thinking it's about 7 hours at most. I'm registered and have a room reservation. If you don't have a room yet better get one asap as the host hotel may be booked by now and you'll have to look around. There is a music festival in town the same weekend and rooms could be scarce.

XR7Kurt
08-30-2012, 08:56 PM
XR7Kurt............Kurt Bargiel...........1989 Cougar XR7(5.0)

I'll probably be hitting I75 North @ exit 122 around 4:00 pm that Friday, a few hours late to catch you Mike. I should be just over 3 hours away at that point, I know it's 2.5 hours to Lexington from there.

Quik95SC
10-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Well folks another Shootout is in the books and I hope you all had a great time that went. If not, just check out the other comments others have made, this is definitely the one event to attend.

Hopefully everyone has made it home safely or perhaps still traveling safely.

If you got a new PB time post it up and I will add it to the first post next to your name.

Quik95SC 12.158 @ 108MPH Dyno #'s 355HP, 391 TQ

Until next year! Take care everyone.

Smitty

Mike Puckett
10-01-2012, 06:19 PM
I got home about 5 pm. What a miserable drive. It poured most of the way home. We saw 8 seperate wrecks with cars spun into the wall or guard rail on either side of the interstate. One was a Fed Ex tandem truck with one trailer laying on its side. We would have been home an hour earlier but we got stuck in a traffic jam for an hour just north of Atlanta on I-75. We had a great time. I just wish I'd have run better but at least we made it all the way without a breakdown.

Quik95SC
10-02-2012, 09:29 AM
I got home about 5 pm. What a miserable drive. It poured most of the way home. We saw 8 seperate wrecks with cars spun into the wall or guard rail on either side of the interstate. One was a Fed Ex tandem truck with one trailer laying on its side. We would have been home an hour earlier but we got stuck in a traffic jam for an hour just north of Atlanta on I-75. We had a great time. I just wish I'd have run better but at least we made it all the way without a breakdown.

Thats all that really matters Mike, is that you came and got home safely and with the car intact.

Glad to finally meet you and your wife. Enjoyed talking with you both.

Take care,
Smitty